Domain does not work WITH www, only without

Clayton

After some struggle, I got my nameservers to work with GoDaddy for a domain that I bought. I still have a problem though. When I type in mydomain.com my website comes up no problem. If I type in www.mydomain.com it says the domain is not found.

I know it has something to do with my DNS settings. I know that much. I just don't know what I should change. I've searched google and the forum. I'm sorry if this is a repost, I did search.

Regards,
Clayton

I guess his DNS records for his ISP are not yet updated, thats the reason he thinks that only with WWW is working.. Or if still not maybe you got wrong DNS entries.

Hi,
Add an A record with www pointing to your domain's IP.

Goto DNS Management
Type www in the box below "Add Domain Records" Type your IP in the box to the right of "A" then click add.

DA automatically adds the www in DNS. Clayton has abandoned this thread anyway.

DA automatically adds the www in DNS. Clayton has abandoned this thread anyway.

No, I haven't.

I really appreciate the help. Apparently it was a problem with ISP and not my server. It's all up and running now. Great support here.

Regards,
Clayton

Let's make two important points:

First of all, Clayton, read this and please consider not wasting our time the next time you ask for help; if you don't give us real information we really can't help you. Really.

And second of all: you probably had already tried the domain with www, and not without, and so the IP# with www was already cached in your DNS, while the one without wasn't.

Jeff

Back