Domain couldn't link to hosting, need help!!

bryan5601lovwin

Verified User
I'm facing a problem on domain that my domain could not link to my hosting.

My domain is frisky-heaven.com.

I had already adjusted and done all the setting on the dns in the both domain control panel and hosting control panel.

However, the result still the same. I had used another domain to test on my hosting and it showed normal and point successfully. Only my domain frisky-heaven.com could not point and link to the hosting.

Then, I contact my domain provider (OnlineNic), and they replied me that the ns2 of the dns could not been ping and they said that there is no problem on domain. The problem is on the hosting. However, my hosting provider could not find any problem in the hosting/server. How can I solve this problem?

Need help~~urgent!! Suffered on this so many days....:(

The domain is registered with those nameservers:
Code:
frisky-heaven.com.	172800	IN	NS	ns25.myexhost.com.
frisky-heaven.com.	172800	IN	NS	ns26.myexhost.com.
Both can't be resolved correctly (records are present as glue records for myexhost.com but not as actual A records).
It's not an "hosting problem", whatever that is, you have to set the correct nameservers at the registrar or solve the problem by adding "ns25" and "ns26" to the "myexhost.com." zone.

before this the name server is ns1.ehosting2.com and ns2.ehosting2.com, the problem is on this 2 nameservers. The ns25.myexhost.com and ns26.myexhost.com are just the testing nameservers.

ns1.ehosting2.com and ns2.ehosting2.com have the exact same problem that ns25.myexhost.com and ns26.myexhost.com had.
Add both "ns1" and "ns2" A records to the "ehosting2.com." zone.

Whoever has access to the DNS zone of "ehosting2.com" must add this:
Code:
ns1.ehosting2.com. $TTL IN A 119.110.98.224
ns2.ehosting2.com. $TTL IN A 119.110.98.225
I don't know if ehosting2.com is your domain, or your provider's, or your hosting's.

the ns1 and ns2 had already been added in the A records. By the way, the others domains could link to the hosting successfully. Would you mind to check my IP neighbours which are under the same server with me such as www.mmi-go.com, www.fygraduatetalk.com, www.bryanshop.com and so on? Or you may check some other domains with the IP reverse DNS. These all domains are under same server with me and show no any problem unlike me.

I had already adjusted and done all the setting on the dns in the both domain control panel and hosting control panel.

That is a little confusing since there is only one control panel. Are you sure you are using DA.

frisky-heaven.com still does not resolve even at ns1.ehosting2.com This mean that either frisky-heaven.com has not been added to the nameserver at ns1.ehosting.com or the nameserver was not reloaded after adding it. If you manually added it using the DNS Administration you probably have to manually reload named. If you added it through the Add Another Domain link named should have reloaded automatically.

Check everything again on the nameserver and check the spelling.

More info:

Code:
[root@server ~]# dig @ns2.ehosting2.com frisky-heaven.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> @ns2.ehosting2.com frisky-heaven.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 3699
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;frisky-heaven.com.             IN      A

;; Query time: 300 msec
;; SERVER: 119.110.98.225#53(119.110.98.225)
;; WHEN: Fri May 15 10:09:16 2009
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 35

[root@server ~]# dig @ns2.ehosting2.com bryanshop.com 

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> @ns2.ehosting2.com bryanshop.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 3675
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;bryanshop.com.                 IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
bryanshop.com.          14400   IN      A       119.110.98.224

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
bryanshop.com.          14400   IN      NS      ns2.ehosting2.com.
bryanshop.com.          14400   IN      NS      ns1.ehosting2.com.

;; Query time: 324 msec
;; SERVER: 119.110.98.225#53(119.110.98.225)
;; WHEN: Fri May 15 10:09:41 2009
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 93

That is a little confusing since there is only one control panel. Are you sure you are using DA.

frisky-heaven.com still does not resolve even at ns1.ehosting2.com This mean that either frisky-heaven.com has not been added to the nameserver at ns1.ehosting.com or the nameserver was not reloaded after adding it. If you manually added it using the DNS Administration you probably have to manually reload named. If you added it through the Add Another Domain link named should have reloaded automatically.

Check everything again on the nameserver and check the spelling.

I have checked on the nameserver, everything is correct. This problem occured suddenly since last few days. There was no problem before this. And, sorry for confusing you, the domain control panel is not really related in this matter. Anyway, I'm sure that I'm using DA, which is DirectAdmin v1.33.3

the domain control panel is not really related in this matter

Yes it is since that determines how the domain was added to the server.

Your ns1 and ns2.ehosting.com server is not responding to frisky-heaven.com. If the zone was previous there then it has been deleted. If it was recently added then named has not been reloaded so that it sees frisky-heaven.com.

I had to wait for my Sarcasma pill to take effect.
If the zone was previous there then it has been deleted.
If the zone has been deleted then you need to add it again.

If it was recently added then named has not been reloaded
Try reloading named.

If you don't know what some of the terms are that we use then you need to ask.

Back