FC10/11 Releases of DA

trophaeum

Verified User
So, im told in less than 6 weeks FC9 goes EOL'd, when are we getting fc10/11 versions and are we going to get x64 versions at the same time? This is becoming a serious concern for me as i type and becoming more and more troublesome by the day.

Switch to centos it doesnt change versions as often.

Switch to centos it doesnt change versions as often.

not an option, if i go centos i ditch da and go cpanel, centos has too old libraries for the production code i use, i require fedora for it and fedora is supposedly a supported platform, all im asking for is a version that wont be eol'd, is that so difficult to ask for?

all im asking for is a version that wont be eol'd, is that so difficult to ask for?

If you insist on using Fedora then yes it is too difficult to ask for.

if i go centos i ditch da and go cpanel, centos has too old libraries for the production code i use

Whether you use cpanel or DA it will not matter since you say the problem is with the libraries that CentOS uses versus Fedora.

Here is an idea, why don't you tell us what libraries are too old in CentOS and we might actually be able to help.

If you insist on using Fedora then yes it is too difficult to ask for.

Whether you use cpanel or DA it will not matter since you say the problem is with the libraries that CentOS uses versus Fedora.

Here is an idea, why don't you tell us what libraries are too old in CentOS and we might actually be able to help.

everything from nginx to mplayer and ffmpeg, to use versions 'uptodate' i have to add noname repos and then i get version conflicts with other things, with fedora i dont have this issue, changing to centos is not an option that i am interested in, then there is the obvious antique kernel which has the old cpu scheduler which if you look at real world benchmarks on multicore systems sucks

the reason id change to cpanel instead of da is simple, customers like cpanel more, personally i like da's power (i can totally replace apache with nginx without any real issues) however if i have to run an EOL'd os just to run da that not an option either

im sorry but its just plain not hard to recompile da on a 64bit fc10/11 install and have that out in the wild as well and if anyone thinks otherwise im going to have to hurt them, there is already 64bit centos support, how hard is it to upgrade the versions of libraries etc used in that for fc10/11

Back