New DirectAdmin Skin (Your Opinion is Important)

evanet

Verified User
Hello Everybody,

We've created a new DirectAdmin skin and we would like to receive your opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism in order to make it better.

Please use these guidelines for making a comment:
1. Do you like the skin in general? If not, why not?
2. What do you like/dislike the most? (For example: navigation, colors, etc.)
3. What would be your suggestions to improve it?
4. Should the new skin be included with DirectAdmin by default or as option?
5. What is your screen resolution?
6. Rate it from 1 to 10.
7. Let us know if there are any errors.

It is still Beta version, so we are going to use your advices to make it Final.

SKIN DEMO
http://vps.evanet.lt:2222

USER LEVEL
User: demo_user
Pass: demo

RESELLER LEVEL
User: demo_reseller

ADMIN LEVEL
User: demo_admin

With regards,
Evaldas Pakstys
www.evanet.lt

Last edited:
It's clean and simple, colors go nicely and the expandable menus are a nice touch. One nice feature to add would be a cpanel style search box that searches the different functionality offered, and displays links (example, you can search for phpmyadmin ... as you start typing and reach php, a new nav block has shown up under the search field and has all the links that could relate to (or contain) the value php.

I haven't used cpanel much, but that single feature was awesome. I never bothered to have to remember where to find the phpmyadmin link, or anythine else... just start typing and bam there it is. :)

If the skin were to be included in DA (as a plugin, or a standard skin option) I would likely use it myself, or at the very least offer it as an option for others. :)

I hear that the DA folks are working on a nice new interface already though.

This is a very nice skin. I like the overall appearance - color, layout, and etc. The javascript is very nice as well.

What happens if a user has javascript disabled in their browser? Does the skin still allow users to create email accounts and etc? It would be nice if there were an option to turn the javascript off so that the skin would function without it in a way similar to the current enhanced skin.

The color choice for the tables is good - shades of grey. It works.

The padding / margins of the skin should be more compact. A browser window must be at least 1015x850 to view the dashboard. This means it will take up more space than most laptops allow. It would help if you could take away the wasted space so that visitors don't have to scroll to see all of the options. This space is not being used and makes the panel look empty.

The tabs in the sidebar, while very attractive, are quite large. They could be half as wide / tall.

There is no link back to the dashboard from any of the subpages. If you click the DirectAdmin logo it takes you back to the dashboard, but many users will not figure that out.

It would be nice if it were included as an option. I would not use it as a default unless the visuals were more compact and accessible for smaller smaller screens.

I really like your clean and smooth design.
+ for the design simplicity
+ for javascript anything that doesnt require to refresh the entire page
+ for your left quick menu. It really does make things much faster now and more easier to find the settings you wanna do
this should replace with the older one mostly because its more userfriendly and easier to access settings
Rating the skin 8 of 10
Suggestion: it would be nice if you can allow the admins to sort columns and left menu links using ajax. So the users can move in any order or in any position at all like they can move it freely. Example, in front page, Account management with the links below is column, allow users to move it anywhere they want
Support your development and already excited to see your stable release once its out

Last edited:
Here are three screenshots. One is of the browser at its minimum size with this skin. The second is an overlay to show the additional ~180px width over the enhanced skin. The third is Safari - the theme looks best in this browser.
firefox.gif

firefox2.gif

safari.gif

Thank you all for your time and the feedbacks, I really appreciate that.

I still look forward to hearing from other forum members and DirectAdmin users.

For those who have not registered on this forum please contact me on Skype: nenis20 or send me an email: evaldas_eta_evanet_dot_lt

Every opinion/advice is golden for us, because it helps to improve our work. If we can work together everybody will be happy having a new skin for themselves and their users.

Thank you

Michael.Terence,

We still discussing about that. Maybe it will be free, maybe not, depends on several agreements we should make. If we license it, then the price is going to be affordable for everyone.

If we license it, then the price is going to be affordable for everyone.
Keep in mind that some of us have many, many, many, licenses. For those of us running lots of VPS instances, and paying the VPS license fees for DirectAdmin, it would be easy for the skin to be too expensive unless great care was taken in the licensing.

That said, I do really like this skin. My biggest concern would be keeping it updted; unless the company has a track record and we can trust it to stay around I'd be very reticent to use it because it would be really hard to to convince our clients to go back from this one to any of the DirectAdmin supplied skins.

Jeff

This is the reason why I have created this thread. If we are going to make an agreement with DirectAdmin, then this skin is going to be default or optional. But before that we need to make it really good. It depends what DirectAdmin staff has to say and they also want to know what users think about it. We are eager to create so much new things and keep everything fresh, but we need DirectAdmin's blessings :)

Last edited:
Yes, we've been talking about this skin for two months already. They want to know your opinions and suggestions as much as we do.

This is a very nice skin !!! Is very clear and light.

1. Totally
2. I like all
3. The footer
4. Option. You need to sell this.
5. 1920x1080
6. 9
7. I didnt find anyone

I'd agree that this skin is very nice. I'd also agree that it could do with being reduced a few pixels here and there, particularly in the size of the tabs on the left, and the spacing between the submenu items. I'd also be interested in hearing about the planning for degrading when Javascript is turned off.

Very nice job though, this could replace the default skin without any issues, from our point of view.

I'm not convinced that this skin is better than enhanced nor marina. Also not convinced that this new skin will make us and break us. It's jut not explosive enough for me.

It is a nice skin. It is clean and has nice features.

But I personally think that this step into the future needs to be bigger. This skins needs to say :

"OMFG , look at that ass !!"

I hope everyone understands what I mean.

No one has made any comments of this level yet.

I agree with cyberneticos. Actually the fancy javascript side menu contains the same items as the main page, so only a Home button should do the same.

Pages like: http://vps.evanet.lt:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/demo.com/logs
got too much colors, 5 within a small frame. It hurt my eyes tbh.

The skin contains a huge bug about selecting domains. After clicking around some items, and i want to press Email management for example, i got a popup box "select a domain before using this"... but i already did at the start?!

I agree with cyberneticos. Actually the fancy javascript side menu contains the same items as the main page, so only a Home button should do the same.

But it was the point that left side must contain the same items as the main page, example, if you're on "Show all users" you can see the content of it and still you can reach any item on the left.

And I agree about the colors on File manager, there must be done something.

Thank you for suggestions

Back