I Need A Dedicated Server Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

testserver

Verified User
Hello,

I'm an admin for a client of DA, with Installatron installed on it, and I'm looking for one, temporarily for about a few months or longer. He's paying $79 per month with about 120G of space and the bandwidth isn't bad either, but I don't need 120G of server space, as I'll be installing DA on my computer in a few months down the line.

I have about 13 domains to move immediately, and I would like to get the process going before tomorrow, which will be June 1, 2009 from where I'm located.. which is in the USA.

I need to have unlimited domain hosting and everything else in which I have access to, including ssh access, which makes transferring many databases at one time a snap.

I probably could work with about 50G+/- of space for now, but if you have a package that could accommodate me I'd appreciate it.

I also need more than one ip address, because I don't want all of my domains on the same ip address. If that's an issue, I can do without it for now.

If you can supply me with a dedicated server with Installatron on for less than $79 per month, I'd like to hear from you. I need to do this right now if the package is nice.

You can pm me and I'll know it immediately when sent.

Thanks for your valued time.

testserver

Maybe if you surf to 'WebHostingTalk' you find what you need.
Thanks for the link, but going through all of those threads is not what I had in mind. I am thinking that there is someone here in this forum with DA and offers dedicated servers with Reseller accounts and unlimited domains and they have Installatron installed on the server, and extra ip addresses.

I'm used to DA and what I'm requesting is something that I already have access to, so I really don't need to be that much concerned with all the extras.

I'll look again through that forum, but I hope someone here has what I need so I can get going with my move.

testserver

For $80 I do not think you will get good service. You may be able to get one of the new Intel Atom servers from some of the companies that are offering those at ~$120 per month. I know of two hosts here in Chicago that offer them if you'd like a referral.

My understanding is that the DirectAdmin forum is not the place for this sort of discussion for the simple reason that most of us are by nature competitors but here, for the sake of community and self-help, we don't compete, but rather work together.

Let's see if DirectAdmin staff will clarify the use of this forum for this purpose. If so, I'll be happy to create a subsection with the rules that no replies will be allowed, only PMs.

Mark? John?

Jeff

For $80 I do not think you will get good service. You may be able to get one of the new Intel Atom servers from some of the companies that are offering those at ~$120 per month. I know of two hosts here in Chicago that offer them if you'd like a referral.
Actually, I have been using a server for a few years or so now (DA + Installatron) for $79 per month, and I really can't complain about what I have been administrating all this time.

For what I'm wanting to do, I can get a dedicated server for less than $80 per month and get not only good service, but practically immediate responses to any issues.

I'm not a rookie at computers and such, and I can actually buy my own license and so forth, and have everything installed on MY computer... but right now, I'm waiting until I buy a new computer (cpu).

But thanks for your reply and I appreciate it very much.

testserver.

My understanding is that the DirectAdmin forum is not the place for this sort of discussion for the simple reason that most of us are by nature competitors but here, for the sake of community and self-help, we don't compete, but rather work together.

Let's see if DirectAdmin staff will clarify the use of this forum for this purpose. If so, I'll be happy to create a subsection with the rules that no replies will be allowed, only PMs.

Mark? John?

Jeff
To jlasman,

If my replies violated any of the terms here, I'm sorry and I didn't mean to disrupt the forum, nor it's terms. I do honestly apologize.

On the other hand, I did say "pm" me to all that have posted here and read my post, simply because I wouldn't want to see anyone OPENLY compete with each-other here. To me, DA is the best out there. That's my opinion.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended and (or) violated the terms here. It was not intentional, nor desperate on my part. It won't happen again from me.

testserver

For what I'm wanting to do, I can get a dedicated server for less than $80 per month and get not only good service, but practically immediate responses to any issues.
Then why do you think it important to ask here? Please see my reply made at about the same time as yours, above.

And in the meantime if anyone wishes to respond, please do it by PM. I don't want to close the thread, because many people presume that means they don't have to bother looking at it. But let's act as gentlemen, and wait until we get a response from DirectAdmin staff.

Thanks.

Jeff

Then why do you think it important to ask here? Please see my reply made at about the same time as yours, above.

And in the meantime if anyone wishes to respond, please do it by PM. I don't want to close the thread, because many people presume that means they don't have to bother looking at it. But let's act as gentlemen, and wait until we get a response from DirectAdmin staff.

Thanks.

Jeff
I understand what you mean now.

Thanks for the reminder.

testserver

Hello,

Sure, the sub-section sounds reasonable. A "PM only" reply policy would prevent any competition/conflict of interest, etc.

Thank you,

John

Thanks for all the replies to my thread.

I have found what I'm looking for.

-close thread-

testserver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back