Php mail() only sends email to certain mail domains (e.g. @yahoo)

martinsch

I am currently setting up my server, and are experiencing some problems.

Some of the mails sendt with the php mail() func, ends up in the mail queue in DA, and I get the following error log in DA:
2009-06-04 20:36:02 Received from <> R=1MCHnG-0005uQ-9v U=mail P=local S=1344 T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender"
2009-06-04 20:36:02 routing failed for [email protected]l <[email protected]> F=<>: Unrouteable address
2009-06-04 20:36:02 routing failed for [email protected]l <[email protected]> F=<>: Unrouteable address
*** Frozen (delivery error message)

This only happens with some email domains though. If I set the recipient to my yahoo mail, it works as a sharm, but when I set my other email as recipient, i get the error log above.

Can someone please help me? All help will be appreciated!

Last edited:
You've got something configured wrong; .local is NOT a routable domain and that's why you're getting an unrouteable domain error.

Jeff

You appear to be sending email to the domain .local, which doesn't exist. I don't know what you're sending, or why. What is the hostname set on your server?
Code:
$ hostname
Jeff

Figured it out now. The problem was that I had created a domain which were not operating. When I then tried to send a mail to @jpx.no, the server tried to send mail to the jpx.no created at my server, and not at the server on which it actually was. Stupid me!

Last edited:
Back