Host unreachable (files.directadmin.com)

lawlawl

Verified User
I just logged on to update my apps via custombuild.

For some reason, when I ran it it showed loads of "clean_old_tarballs()" errors and it couldn't display my software versions.

So i ran a "build update" and this time, custombuild decided to delete it's self.

So now I think, oh well ill just redownload custombuild. But no, now I get:
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|72.35.85.222|:80... failed: No route to host.

Just great, why is this happening?

Trying it now, it's working for me.

Pieces of the Internet do fail from time to time. Anywhere from your upstream all the way to the server you're trying to reach.

You can troubleshoot with the traceroute command, which may tell you the location of the failure. Or just wait until later and try again.

Jeff

Well I tried to ping/traceroute files.directadmin.com on two other servers. One on the same provider and one at ThePlanet. Both of which had the exact same problem.

I can access it fine from my home computer but those three providers report there being "no route to host". A traceroute doesn't get to the second line, it dies instantly with that error.

"no route to host" before you get any lines at all from traceroute? Generally that would meana broken network. Have you tried restarting your network? Can you do traceroutes to other locations?

If it's your server that's reporting No route to host then it means your network is failing to even find your upstream's router.

If the traceroute fails after the first ping, which should be your router, then you need to talk to your upstream. The fact is that BGP is broadcasting a path to files.directamin.com, but if your upstream isn't seeing it, they'll need to figure out why.

Jeff

Well two providers in totally different locations are having this problem so it can't be a problem with my DC or server.

I'm now waiting for the tech guys at the DC to try find out the reason.

I just ran a traceroute for files.directadmin.com and everything came out fine. Is your firewall blocking access to it?

Back