Cannot Access DirectAdmin with default Port

alternator

Hello,

Recently, I have problem to access to my DirectAdmin control panel. I try type in at the URL address something like this http://www.blahblah.net:2222. Then, its come up with this error:

Code:
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.blahblah.net:2222/

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply 

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is root.
Generated Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:43:44 GMT by server (squid/2.5.STABLE14)

The problem happened when I try to set URL to redirect to the other page. But suddenly its come up with the looping URL.

I already try a few solution such as:

1. removing the content of .htaccess
2. delete the .htaccess file it self.

All looping problem are now already done but come up with another problem that I cant access using 2222 port.

Is there any other solution for this? I'm not expert in .htaccess script.

Thanks in advanced...

You didn't give us your real domain name so we can't do any testing. The DirectAdmin control panel uses it's own webserver, not apache; it doesn't have any ServerRoot, and it doesn't follow any .htaccess.

So the key is in what you're actually doing.

Jeff

Thanks for replying. Sorry for that. The real domain name is www.lombongit.net.
I only cant access to the DirectAdmin Panel. Do you have any suggestion for that?

----
updates:
I assume that this problem happened when I'm behind proxy.

Last edited:
Now, with the domain name, I'm able to test:

Q) Is DirectAdmin running?
A) Yes; I can reach www.lombongit.net:2222.

Q) Does your firewall block incoming traffic to port 2222?
A) No; I can reach www.lombongit.net:2222.

Q) Does your firewall block outgoing traffic to port 2222?
A) Possibly, since I can reach the login page and you cannot, this is a possibility.

Q) Does your ISP block outgoing traffic to port 2222?
A) Possibly, since I can reach the login page and you cannot, this is a possibility.

The problem is NOT with your server. And hopefully now you realize why I wanted to see the real domain name.

Jeff

I've detected this problem when it suddenly I cannot use port 2222 while the others day its still can be accessed normally. This problem causes by Firewall that has been blocked port 2222. Thanks for your response jlasman. Your guess and answer is matched to the problem. ;)

I've detected this problem when it suddenly I cannot use port 2222 while the others day its still can be accessed normally. This problem causes by Firewall that has been blocked port 2222. Thanks for your response jlasman. Your guess and answer is matched to the problem. ;)

Hey, I am the same fault, how can you unblock access port 2222 ?? Please help me to maintain the system. Thank you.

Back