[ANNOUNCE] PHP 5.3.0 Released!

Hello,

Martynas has created the new build script to support 5.3. I'll be going through it and merging it with the current script within the next day or so, then testing can begin.

John

hi John.
i see now that the script work with this versions.

it's safetly to upgrade now?

by the way.
does this version with safemode?

Hello,

It hasn't really been tested a huge amount yet. If you'd like try it, set:
Code:
php5_ver=5.3
in your options.conf, then type:
Code:
./build update
./build php n
Note that I've done some basic testing of a few things:
- squirrelmail 1.4.20-RC
- roundcube 0.3.1
- phpMyAdmin 3.2.5-all-languages
- the DA interface
- safemode/openbasedir

and did not see any abnormalities. Apache didn't crash.
I did not test out the functionality of the features (eg: if openbasedir is actually enforced, etc..), but did click around without any issues. If 5.3 still supports safemode and openbasedir, I could see no reason why they'd be broken.

John

i found some bug
when i build the new versions
php.ini file does'nt rewite.
on the panel:
Code:
Unable to read /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini : Unable to open /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini for reading<br>

The issue I am currently having with custombuild and PHP 5.3, is that Zend Optimizer doesn't work anymore. The one custombuild supplies is 3.3.3, while the latest version is 3.3.9, which DOES work with PHP 5.3.1.

Can this be updated too? :)

@John:
Yes, openbasedir and safemode work fine. However, the issue with openbasedir and safemode not working for userdirs still remains. (~name has no security while the domains do.)

No. ZendOptimizer 3.3.9 is not working with PHP 5.3.x
No 5.3 Optimizer and encoding tool has been released by Zend.

NO. Zendserver CE 5.3 doesn't include Zend optimizer for PHP 5.3

Last edited:
Beg to differ. Zend Server Community Edition Version 4.0.6 (PHP 5.3 on Mac OS X 10.6) runs Zend Optimizer.

Kind regards

It's already supported :)

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set php5_ver 5.3
./build php n

Is the new php 5.3 custombuild script also installing the new zend optimizer 5.5.0 for php 5.3?

Back