awstats doesnt update

diederikl

Verified User
A few weeks ago I wanted to switch from webaliser to awstats. And so i ran:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./awstats.sh

When I wanted to view the stats of a domain i got the following content instead of the awstats statistics page:
sh: /usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl: Permission denied

For each user there is a folder called awstats with data in it for all the users domains and subdomains. So it looks like the tally is trying to calculate the stats.

So I did some more research on this topic and found out I could manualy update the stats by running:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./awstats_process.sh admin mydomain.com

Now the stats of one domain work, and it is not updated again during the night.

Can anyone point me into the right direction into solving this problem? Even a workaround would be an option to write a script that fetches all the users and their domains + subdomains to I can execute awstats_process.sh with that script. But off course it would be better if the nightly tally could be fixed.

I am also having an error with AWStats not updating anymore. While it's not directly related to the above problem, I didn't want to make a new thread.

I recently updated to AWStats 6.9 using custombuild update_versions. Now my stats are not updating. Cron is running, and I've tried manually running the cron using the "echo 'action=tally' etc... but it still doesn't update.

There are no errors in my errortaskq.log.

Also, the stats DO update if I manually run:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/awstats_process.sh USER DOMAIN

Any ideas?

I didn't quite fix the problem but I made the following script which I run every night (after the tally).

Code:
#!/bin/bash
FILE="/etc/virtual/domainowners"
exec < $FILE
while read LINE
do
DOMAIN=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $1}' | sed s/.$//`
OWNER=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $2}'`
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/awstats_process.sh $OWNER $DOMAIN
done

If anyone has a better solution please tell...

same deal here. where is illuminating documentation that explains use of /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/awstats_process.sh ? or do we have to just stumble upon these things?

wstats vs webalyser

Same problem here : I am new to awstats, but I installed it on a new server with custombuild.

Nothing happens with tally and awstats do not update.

If somebody has an idea, it would be great. For the moment, I am telling to customers that these are tests and that awstats is not operational ...

Hi, i have the same problem. AWStats is not updating anymore. Manually yes, but not every night anymore.

Isnt there any solution?

I try to install this tweak; but how to run this script every night? (after the tally?) Which file should i edit?

I didn't quite fix the problem but I made the following script which I run every night (after the tally).

Code:
#!/bin/bash
FILE="/etc/virtual/domainowners"
exec < $FILE
while read LINE
do
DOMAIN=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $1}' | sed s/.$//`
OWNER=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $2}'`
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/awstats_process.sh $OWNER $DOMAIN
done

If anyone has a better solution please tell...

Did any of the posters solved their issues ?

I have the same problem here, manual stats with the script are working, but noting is done by the tally at night :-(

Well, quick and dirty solution :

add /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/awstats_process.sh USER DOMAIN to the daily cron job for each domain where it is important.

What does the tally does with awstats ?
is there a way to debut why the tally doesn't work and the manual awstat input works ?

Back