DNS update issue

ehofstede

My Debian webserver is recently reinstalled. Also it's moved in the 19" rack. I restored all websites via DA restore. All DNS records I had before are working now, but any updates I make are not being updated through the internet.
This problem doesn't occur with just 1 domain, but with all the domains I have on this server.

Is there someone who can help me with this? I have this problem for a week now and I still haven't found the solution.

Thanks!
Regards,
Erwin ter Hofstede.

What do you mean by that?

I mean that every addition or change of DNS records I make, for example A records or MX records, are not being updated through out the internet.
Any record I create or change cannot be resolved from anywhere on the internet, not even after a few days.

Before the clean install it worked, I used DirectAdmin to add or change DNS records and for .NL records I didn't take longer than 2 or 3 hours to update all over the internet. But now that's not working for some reason.

Care to give us an example?

Sure;
I own the domain "ec-hosting.nl" and I host "comhumans.com"

Last saturday I have added A record "wsus.ec-hosting.nl" using DNS management in DA. It still has not been updated on the internet. wsus.ec-hosting.nl still cannot be resolved.

I also changed the MX records for this domain. Also not updated on the internet yet. mail.ec-hosting.nl is still the MX10 record and it should be MX20 by now.

To see if it's only the ec-hosting domain I also added A record "wsus.comhumans.com" but that one is also not working. Besides these 2 domains, I tried it with 2 other domains as well. No result, unable to resolve...

Thanks.
With kind regards,
Erwin.

Solved the problem with a workaround

My server doesn't listen to DNS anymore. Only on it's primary ip address, not on the 2 other addresses that we configured for DNS. That's exactly the same situation as when the server was reinstalled. I had this issue back then too.

Somehow that problem had solved itself at that time, but now it came back and I have had it with that machine, so now I use the DNS servers of my registrar. Problem solved for me.

Thanks for listening anyway.
With kind regards,
Erwin ter Hofstede.

By default the DirectAdmin installation should allow BIND to listen on all IP#s. If it doesn't on your server, that's most likely a local configuration issue.

Jeff

Back