RoundCube Webmail 0.3-stable

Code:
[B][1][/B] roundcubemaindir/config/main.inc.php:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password');

[B][2][/B] roundcubemaindir/plugins/password/config.inc.php:
$rcmail_config['password_driver'] = 'directadmin';

hm. i've done exact these changes and get a 500 error after entering the new password and hitting save...

hm. i've done exact these changes and get a 500 error after entering the new password and hitting save...

Are you using SSL with DirectAdmin?
Your DirectAdmin is on the same IP of your RoundCube installation?

In roundcubemaindir/plugins/password/config.inc.php you can configure these options too:

Code:
// DirectAdmin Driver options
// --------------------------
// The host which changes the password
// Use 'ssl://serverip' instead of 'tcp://serverip' when running DirectAdmin over SSL.
$rcmail_config['password_directadmin_host'] = 'tcp://localhost';

// TCP port used for DirectAdmin connections
$rcmail_config['password_directadmin_port'] = 2222;

Additionally, your DirectAdmin must be recent (support APIs) and your php must support fsockopen().

If those options are correctly configured and the plugin still not working, I can take a look for you. Send me a message at [email protected] with an test account and URI of your RC installation.

Are you using SSL with DirectAdmin?
Your DirectAdmin is on the same IP of your RoundCube installation?

Yes and yes...

it seems that there is a general problem with my DA installation. Even if i try to do some basic API calls (DA PHP Class and Examples) I get the 500 errors...

I tried as host localhost (under the same domain on which directadmin runs) and the domainname itself... Port defaults to 2222
Socket support is enabled and i'm using PHP 5.2.10 with suphp.

weird...

P.S.: Changing passwords via DA email plugin works

Last edited:
finally got it working.

Code:
// DirectAdmin Driver options
// --------------------------
// The host which changes the password
// Use 'ssl://serverip' instead of 'tcp://serverip' when running DirectAdmin over SSL.
$rcmail_config['password_directadmin_host'] = 'ssl://domain.tld';

One thing: It could help users to change the error message in something more expressive:

Code:
$messages['internalerror'] = 'Could not save new password.';

in

Code:
$messages['internalerror'] = 'Could not save new password. Password too short';

As I know, DA checks only the length of a e-mail password.

finally got it working.
One thing: It could help users to change the error message in something more expressive:

Code:
$messages['internalerror'] = 'Could not save new password.';
in

Code:
$messages['internalerror'] = 'Could not save new password. Password too short';
As I know, DA checks only the length of a e-mail password.

We can't do this. Currently this plugin doesn't handle DA error responses like too short, weak password or other types of checking (please see http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=910). It just consider the boolean return of API (true or false).

Recently (but after 0.3 release) we have implemented password strength options directly in RoundCube plugin, but it will be released only in next service release (0.3.1). If you want to implement it in your installation right now, please apply this change http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/2945.

Hello,

Thanks for the plugin, great work!

I've added 0.3-stable to custombuild and have set the plugin to be enabled by default.

It will grab your port from the directadmin.conf as set it automatically as well, in case you're not on 2222.
It does not yet touch the "password_directadmin_host" line for ssl on/off settings as the 0.3 format is slightly different the current value of localhost. I'll wait for 0.3.1 and add it then. If you're using SSL with DA, you'll need to edit the password/config.inc.php manully for now.

One very minor thing for the next release of the plugin (if you're up to it), if the login name is just "username" and does not have a @domain.com with it, there should be no password plugin (should shut itself off or be hidden). This is because the "username" accounts are system accounts, and the email password changing API is not valid for the "username" type. This type of User would just log into their DA control panel to change the password there. It's a very minor thing that most people likely won't run into or notice.

Thanks again!

John

Thank you,

Updated without problems.

Only one little problem.
Roundcube still showing up for new update.

Check screenshot

roundcube.jpg

Thanks for the plugin, great work!

I've added 0.3-stable to custombuild and have set the plugin to be enabled by default.

It will grab your port from the directadmin.conf as set it automatically as well, in case you're not on 2222.
It does not yet touch the "password_directadmin_host" line for ssl on/off settings as the 0.3 format is slightly different the current value of localhost. I'll wait for 0.3.1 and add it then. If you're using SSL with DA, you'll need to edit the password/config.inc.php manully for now.

Thank you John.
I've updated installation instructions of this post to consider the custombuild script.

The currently password plugin (from RC 0.3-stable) can be configured to use SSL just by using 'ssl://serverip' (or 'ssl://localhost') instead of 'tcp://serverip' (or simply 'localhost'). Contact me if you need any help about configuring it with custombuild script.

One very minor thing for the next release of the plugin (if you're up to it), if the login name is just "username" and does not have a @domain.com with it, there should be no password plugin...

I'll try to implement it for the next RC release (0.3.1).

Hi,

after doing /build update_versions i updated all the software (including roundcube)

Now, after running ./build versions i get:

Latest version of RoundCube webmail: 0.3-stable
Installed version of RoundCube webmail: 0.3

RoundCube webmail 0.3 to 0.3-stable update is available.

Should i ignore that? But i believe i'll be emailed constantly because i have update available from cron?

Hello,

I've re-packed the tar.gz file to use the versioning format "0.3" instead of "0.3-stable", rather than trying to redo the script to accomodate the different format. The updates should now give you "0.3".

John

rc problem

just one problem.

I have upgraded RC from 2.2 to 3 via this script

cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
wget -O roundcube.sh http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/roundcube.sh
./roundcube.sh

but when build I have this error:
ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 6 in file: 'SQL/mysql.update.sql': Can't DROP 'idx';

Note that only RC doesn't work after the update, becose the other run well.... and yes with release 2.2. there was no problem.

Any hints?
Ale

Hello please help me

I have installing and trying for 2 days to configure change password plugin but not done with it till now...

[1] roundcubemaindir/config/main.inc.php:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password');

[2] roundcubemaindir/plugins/password/config.inc.php:
$rcmail_config['password_driver'] = 'directadmin';

i have done these steps for password plugin but getting cannot save password, or cannot save password connection errors. please help home to get these answers soon! i am using hostmonster server

Thanks
Sumit

Back