install ionCube PHP

I dont know your system but you have to find where your php files are.

Do something like :
locate mysql.so |grep php

it should be a folder like : /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/mysql.so

copy in that directory (where mysql.so is) the ioncube_loader_xxx_yyy.so

you have to find the right loader though, for freebsd is _fre_5.2.so
look here : http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

then find your php.ini and add at the bottom where [Zend] part is, to be like this :

[Zend]
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_extension="/usr/local/lib/php/20060613/ioncube_loader_fre_5.2.so"
zend_extension_ts="/usr/local/lib/php/20060613/ioncube_loader_fre_5.2_ts.so"
zend_extension="/usr/local/lib/php/20060613/ZendExtensionManager.so"
zend_extension_ts="/usr/local/lib/php/20060613/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so"

this is from ioncube site :"Note that our Loader must be installed before Zend Optimizer in the php.ini file"

Hi Forum.
when I tried to install ionCube for DA on FreeBSD-7.1-p6RELEASE I downloaded the file .tar.gz from the web, but after to install many ports for trying to fix the problem, finally I decided to install ionCube for FreeBSD6 and not for 7-x86-64bits due the last gave me a lot of problems.

I hope that you can fix your problems, try using ionCube for FreeBSD6

>
Thank You
CachorroYayo...
EDuardo Mejia Vizcarra.

RE: Same issue

I realize this is really old, but I am having trouble with this. I tried the custom build but i am getting "permission denied". Any other way to do this?

Where do you see "permission denied"? What do you do to see the error? Please give us more details and post here some lines before the error.

Well actually "Permission denied" during installation make me just think that you're not doing it as root...

Without more information... we cant actually give more help

Regards

For anyone still struggling with this task in 2021 and beyond, DA has made installation and update of ioncube quite simple.

Go to Custombuild > Edit Options. Set ioncube to yes to enable it.

Go to Custombuild > Build Software. Find ioncube and click build to bring it up to date.

Last edited:
Back