WiseNav DirectAdmin Plugin

Does it lock the customer in?

I've seen quite a few "roll your own" web site creators that allow the client to create a site...and make if dfficult at the very least to move that site to another host.

Does this one create stand alone sites that can be moved....or are they
A. locked into the server that has the application
B. DA specific

Thanks

Thom

Yeah I think its quite awful looking as well. Looks like sites that would have been made in 1991 using frontpage. hehe

The site is a free form and very consumer orientated solution that is loved by end-users. It is not a techy solution.

The site is a free form and very consumer orientated solution that is loved by end-users. It is not a techy solution.

Not its not... quit making things up that you have no proof over.

Not its not... quit making things up that you have no proof over.

Right back at you.

Let's stop arguing over opinions of whether it is good or bad. Nobody here has to use it. Its there if you want it.

actually--there are some very amazing websites that have been created with animations and videos, sound etc

don

Doubting Thomas

actually--there are some very amazing websites that have been created with animations and videos, sound etc
don

Please forgive me....but all the glowing comments you make about the product, some of which seem at odds with others posts, make me ask about your exact relationship with WiseNav.

I thing the answer would help folks better evaluate the content of your posts.

Thanks
Thom

I did not think it was a secret. Google the phone number he gave.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/news/...ke-website-creation-fast-easy-and-affordable/

Guess I didn't do enough homework....still, his not being upfront in the posts here doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. I don't mind hucksters....I've done that myself...but what I do mind is sales types in disguise.

That being said, I'd be very much interested in comments of forum members who have used the product in their webhosting business who have no financial connection with wisenav.

Thom

Has it been audited by a reputable third party security firm? How many active developers are there?

The same thing may be accomplished using an established, reputable open source content management system (CMS). It would be more productive to offer a script that installs WordPress. I think it's an entirely silly idea to associate this with DirectAdmin.

I couldn't agree more.

WiseNav is:

1. Unknown. It is not widely publicized or used.

No new products are widely publicized or used....doesn't mean they are not good, just means they are new(with the attendent risks of using new stuff).

2. Limited. There is not much active development, very few plugins, very few themes.
But there are some, aren't there?

It also doesn't make much sense to have a plugin that installs only a single content management system.

Hmmm, I see lots of web hosting companies offering "roll your own web site creators"...they're not a CMS, they're web site generators. If you elect to offer only one such product, why would you want to install more than one?
DA already had Installatron, which allows multiple things to be installed...except for a web site generator.

Most of the ones I've seen are setup so that the end user can't really move their site to another ISP....there's too much stuff that references files NOT in the user's own area. I've also seen some that allow the user to create a web site that he/she can take with them anywhere. Would I use the first type as an end user....no. Would I want to discourage my customers from leaving....yes. Would make it impossible for them to take their work with them....no.

I suspect the major motivation of offer something like this product is to offer your customer something for "free".

For the intended purpose(s), web site creators have their place...and one need only to look at the large number of hosting companies that do not use DA and do offer web site creators. (Perhaps this explains why DA made an agreement to offer the Wisenav to its customers...kinda keeps us in the arena of services offered in return for income).

One needs to look at it from the end user(your potential customer) perspective. If the end user has no html skills and no motivation to learn, he/she can hire a web designer(the quality of these range from superb to absolutely wretched), buy a template(some really nice, others so low on the scale they are below pond scum), or choose a host that has a fairly easy to use tool that has zero cost and produces web sites that the end-user believes are attractive.

Personally I think it was a smart move for DA to work out a deal to offer us some type of web site creator. Whether Wisenav is the best one remains to be seen.

Thom

No new products are widely publicized or used....doesn't mean they are not good, just means they are new(with the attendant risks of using new stuff).
They say they've been around for years. According to the website it's not a new product.
But there are some, aren't there?
I don't know. It doesn't list anything about development on their site. There's no changelog.

You may be right that it's a smart move to include a website creator, but this is a silly choice.

A few facts may help this discussion

WiseNav was in beta with 2800 users

It has been adopted by hosting companies like GearHost and 4 Web.ca and it has created new customers

The current version is 3.13 and the updates are automatically.

We have quite a few paying partners and customers as well as White label deals

The product has a low support load and is fairly bullet proof with end-users.

The SEO is unique for a flash site.

Perhaps we can focus on what it offers to the Consumer market, If that market is of interest.

The Direct admin folks have created quite a deal for their partners as normally the software costs $5.00 per user/mos.

Don
www.donpare.ca

Don

Chairman

I think its a good script.
But not that known. Still great for a Flash CMS creator.

Could do with a little makeover though.

Regards,
Alons

"Pre Sales"??
its a Free script, and I have Always been able to contact them, I get responses within minutes or maybe an hour or two.
The first guy you meet is Don and he posted a email link, if you had read through the posts.
This is a very nice system for "free" and it has plenty of templates (24, I think) that All can be modified in 100's of ways to create just about anything your mind wants, Plus it is a "0 Day" application for new site owners, how much more do you need?

*Note: better add that these responses are within the "normal" day/week, also I have talked directly to them via the telephone
Can you suggest the improvements required

to [email protected]

Thanks

don

Last edited:
Well, I am looking forward to see how this product grows and DA was lacking a website building app.

I have checked wisenav website but it doesn't says a word about transaltions.
Will there be a possibility to have wisenav in other languages ?

Back