WiseNav DirectAdmin Plugin

I've always believed that 777 permissions are dangerous, and a lot of other people do as well.

For example, here's what I find on the Wordpress site; it's one of the most thorugh walkthrough of the reasoning I've ever seen:
The Worst Outcome
The worst that can happen as a result of using 777 permissions on a folder or even a file, is that if a malicious cracker or entity is able to upload a devious file or modify a current file to execute code, they will have complete control over your blog, including having your database information and password.
Find a Workaround
Its usually pretty easy to have the enhanced features provided by the impressive WordPress plugins available, without having to put yourself at risk. Contact the Plugin author or your server support and request a workaround.
I'd like to ask you the same thing that the WordPress people say I should ask the plugin author when I use plugins with Wordpress. Are 777 permissions really safe?

Jeff

777 is not safe.

thats why we use mod_ruid, there you dont need to put files on 777 to edit them.

One off my client is using Wisenav
He is a noob in php and html and he know nothing, checkout what he make with Wisenav

Demo/Final website: http://bit.ly/bwsjHb

Last edited:
mod_ruid squirrelmail

using mod_ruid gets error in squirrelmail
permisson on *.pref and *.pref.tmp files
removing mod_ruid and squirrelmail is working...

read somewhere that there is issue with phpmyadmin, bun not tested...

May I ask why suPHP is required? I've disabled it in the config.php and still everything works perfectly. We are using mod_ruid, maybe its possible to add this as option to WiseNav?

After the installation, in the user side page i see it:

This plugin requires suPhp to be installed as the default handler of php

I have already installed suPhp in my server... to make it as the default handler, I need to recompile it??? tnx for support...

The script is reading:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf

to check if suPhp is enabled. It's looking for:
Code:
default_php=5
php5_cgi=yes
or
Code:
default_php=4
php4_cgi=yes
because it uses .php extensions, thus it must be enabled on the default.

The options.conf also needs to be world readable, since the plugin runs as the User.

John

A little question... if you need I can translate it in italian language, but I do not know if you have prepared it to easily support other languages...:confused:

A minor but major issue

:confused:
I saw this thread and read through from start to end, then decided to download the plugin. The plugin was easy to install on DA and I had very little trouble sourcing and getting suPHP hooked in as the default php handler.

I happily found the WiseNav Site Builder option in my DA user panel and on clicking it it took me straight to the installer page. Making sure I created a test environment (made new "wntest" folder in public_html) and set the folder permissions to 775.

After the install I was pleasantly surprised to find it all worked :) until I tried to create a new scene (silly me.) On entering a name for the scene I clicked the submit button and got "Unexpected XML data:br. Invalid Scene" for my efforts.

That was a bit of a show stopper for me I'm afraid but I'm hoping one of you fine people can help. If anyone knows how to rectify this wee problem I'd be very grateful.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,

a question for the developer of this plugin...

Is there any chance to put by DA Administrator and/or Reseller who can use this plugin?

e.g. : and user is buying me the web hosting with this packet, and i must add it, but another one is buying just web hosting and for sure must not use it...

Thanks in advance for the answer

I'm sorry but I have to give the bad reviews. First off anytime I try to apply a template I get an error downloading template. Secondly the templates aren't very 2010 if you know what I mean. You need to have the ability to modify where it gets it's templates from. That way we can include our own templates and not have to deal with download error messages or archaic layouts. Get those fixed and it might be a decent flash site creator.

However, it is still a flash site creator. You can modify those meta-tags and titles all you want but unless you are selling "polyester coon tails" the site isn't going to rank at the search engines. YOU MUST have page body content in this day and age in order to meet the algorithms used by the popular engines.

We might use it, but we sure can't boast it's use.

Big Wil

:confused:
I saw this thread and read through from start to end, then decided to download the plugin. The plugin was easy to install on DA and I had very little trouble sourcing and getting suPHP hooked in as the default php handler.

I happily found the WiseNav Site Builder option in my DA user panel and on clicking it it took me straight to the installer page. Making sure I created a test environment (made new "wntest" folder in public_html) and set the folder permissions to 775.

After the install I was pleasantly surprised to find it all worked :) until I tried to create a new scene (silly me.) On entering a name for the scene I clicked the submit button and got "Unexpected XML data:br. Invalid Scene" for my efforts.

That was a bit of a show stopper for me I'm afraid but I'm hoping one of you fine people can help. If anyone knows how to rectify this wee problem I'd be very grateful.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Just ignore the error -also "switching scenes" clears the error.

This sitebuilder is excelent for the newbie (+90% of our customers).
Additionally it is immune to ftp-based attacks on web sites.

Finally, the link to the SuPHP Install information was very helpful in resolving a issue I had with build installing PHP6 rather then PHP4 and PHP5 after my update of the build script.

Back