Move everything to another VPS

artnet

Verified User
Hello everybody,

I have a good working VPS with about 20 resellers and users on it.

I setup another VPS with the same service (CentOS, DirectAdmin, PHP 5.0, MySQL 5.0...). I just have 2 account: root and admin (use for Direct Admin).

Now, I want to move everything in old VPS to new VPS. 2 VPS have 2 IP and server hostname (not the same)

I use Admin Backup/Transfer > Create Backup > Choose All Users => I saw all user (with gz format) in /home/admin/admin_backups/ I download all file in my computer. Yeah, that ok in first step...

Next, I upload all files to /home/admin/admin_backups/ in new VPS. I log in to Direct Admin > Admin Backup/Transfer > Restore Backup. Yeah, I see all uploaded files list on it. I select all files (including admin.root.admin.tar.gz) and click Step 4 [Submit]. It show

Restores added to Queue

Details

You will be notified via the Message System when the process is complete

After that, nothing happen but admin password changed. I can't login again. I have to use root account for change admin password again.

I log in to Direct Admin > Admin Backup/Transfer > Restore Backup again, choose ony 01 user carefully and click Step 4 [Submit]. It show the same below. But still nothing happen. I check in home/ folder in VPS and in Direct Admin, nothing user was created.

1. Please help me, what wrong in my process?

2. With my mission (move eventhing to another VPS), what have I to do?
Ignore everything I did, please give me the clearly way so I can complete it.

Thank you for reading my long Topic, I try to decrible it more and more so everybody can understand it.

Artnet

The reason your password is being changed is because when you restore admin you restore the old admin password.

I don't know why it's not restoring the users, but you can check the DirectAdmin log.

Jeff

The reason your password is being changed is because when you restore admin you restore the old admin password.

I thought that, too. But new password or old password are wrong and can't login. So I have to use root account to change admin password. :(

I check Log Viewer:
  • DirectAdmin Error Log
  • DirectAdmin Task Queue Log
  • DirectAdmin Security Log
  • DirectAdmin System Log
But I see nothing. Don't have any line regarding backup/restore.

What and where WRONG? I still don't create package for reseller and user yet. I don't think that is the reason.

I've never seen that problem before so I couldn't help you without logging into your system (we're a third-party support company, and we charge for that), but perhaps your license for DirectAdmin includes support; if so contact DirectAdmin here.

Jeff

I've never seen that problem before so I couldn't help you without logging into your system (we're a third-party support company, and we charge for that), but perhaps your license for DirectAdmin includes support; if so contact DirectAdmin here.

Jeff

I sent an email to [email protected] a few day ago but nothing feedback. So I have to contact my hosting provider and try to find the problem with them.

Thanks for your reply.
Artnet

If your license came from your hosting provider, then your provider gives you support.

But DirectAdmin staff will reply to all emails; if they haven't replied you should probably try to reach them using DirectAdmin SafeSubmit.

Jeff

Back