Dynamic DNS

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi,

i would like to upgarde automatically a single hostname in dns list with my office IP (that is a dynamic ip) using, where possible, my router (dlink 2740b).

Ive tryed with dyndns.org and dlinkddns.com but dunno why dont work automaticly, there is a way/script to automatic make it update=

OR, there is a way to setup an dns hostname pointing always to another hostname?

example:
office.domain -> hostname.dyndns.org

Thanks for your attention

You could use CNAME records, and yes there are automatic scripts. Just search the web with Google.

What I am using is a very nice service of http://freedns.afraid.org/: you just add a subdomain of your domain to their "Domains" page (for example dyn.office.domain), follow the instructions (add four NS records in your office.domain zone) and then use their "Dynamic DNS" service for any hostname.dyn.office.domain (works just like dyndns, instructions are good, automated programs are available).

thanks for your reply tillo, helpful like always :)

afraid give band domain support just for a payment membership so ill keep using dyndns.org (ill do like office.domain CNAME hostname.dynds.org) if im not wrong ^^

Im gonna try to make DDNS on Router work...

Regards

Back