Email Aliases and Virtual Mappings?

jwnetsource

Verified User
I am new to DA, and control panel administration in general. I’m not a Unix (FreeBSD) guru but have learned to do what I need to do to accomplish objectives.

In the recent past, I managed email aliases, virtual user mappings, and catchall addresses by modifying the applicable server files (sendmail) manually. I am migrating accounts to a server with DA and email is administered differently, which my old techniques are apparently non-applicable with DA.

Here’s my first problem; I host a several domains that have a contact form with a script generated email auto-reply. The sent from auto-reply address is; [email protected], which is an aliases for /dev/null, a.k.a.; nowhere (prevents replies to this address). I don’t see a way to do this with DA, how/where can I do this via CL on a server using DA?

Problem 2; I have a couple of clients who changed their email address. The old address are mapped to the email address; [email protected], which is an alias, configured as such;

not-valid-email "|/usr/local/bin/autoreply -k -s -m /etc/mail/replies/not.valid.email"​

The above line is an auto-reply that provides valid contact information, i.e.; link to a web contact page.

As in problem 1, how/where can I do this via CL on a server using DA?

Last edited:
You add it manually to /etc/virtual/domain.com/aliases

Why go through all the trouble though? There is an auto-responder built into directadmin.

Back