MySQLD and named error in DA

IcyTexx

Verified User
Mysqld and named error in DA panel

Hi...
I was hoping we could resolve this.

First mysqld.... When I click the start/stop button the service apparently stops, but reports a blank error. Should I be worried?
I'm missing the Restart and Reload options with mysqld and the reload one with proftpd.

The second thing is named...
I've put www.directadmin.com/named.debian into my /etc/init.d folder hoping it would then react to my commands from DA, but it started to drain more RAM from the system. The average RAM usage went from 85MB to 115MB. Why is this?
When I click stop in DA, the value of named changes from "named (pid 3336 5246 23874 )" "to named (pid 5246 23874 )" and that's it... When I press reload, a third value appears.
I believe it's not normal...

EDIT: Sorry for posting this problem with named... I've turned off their autostart at boot in the Virtuozzo panel, and I start them manually. Only one named service starts now, and it restarts and stops properly.
This happens to me a lot... I spend half an hour trying to figure out a solution, then I post it to a forum and I solve it minutes after that.

Last edited:
First mysqld.... When I click the start/stop button the service apparently stops, but reports a blank error. Should I be worried?
Probably not, as long as it really stops. You can try your OS Distribution's start/stop script command to see what error is being returned.
I'm missing the Restart and Reload options with mysqld and the reload one with proftpd.
DirectAdmin doesn't have it because mysqld doesn't have it. The option has to be available in your distribution's start/stop script for DirectAdmin to use it.
The second thing is named...
I've put www.directadmin.com/named.debian into my /etc/init.d folder hoping it would then react to my commands from DA, but it started to drain more RAM from the system. The average RAM usage went from 85MB to 115MB. Why is this?
When I click stop in DA, the value of named changes from "named (pid 3336 5246 23874 )" "to named (pid 5246 23874 )" and that's it... When I press reload, a third value appears.
I believe it's not normal...

EDIT: Sorry for posting this problem with named... I've turned off their autostart at boot in the Virtuozzo panel, and I start them manually. Only one named service starts now, and it restarts and stops properly.
This happens to me a lot... I spend half an hour trying to figure out a solution, then I post it to a forum and I solve it minutes after that.
You should never autostart any internet services with your OS from Virtuozo; DirectAdmin controls all the services it needs.

Jeff

Probably not, as long as it really stops. You can try your OS Distribution's start/stop script command to see what error is being returned.

OK, thanks... I'll take a look at it.

DirectAdmin doesn't have it because mysqld doesn't have it. The option has to be available in your distribution's start/stop script for DirectAdmin to use it.

Oh, I see... I'll take a look at it too. :D

You should never autostart any internet services with your OS from Virtuozo; DirectAdmin controls all the services it needs.

Yeah, thanks.
I figured that when I turned off autostart procedures in Virtuozzo.

Thank you for all your help in the forums so far. You're really great!

Thanks <blush>. We get most of our business as a direct result of the help I offer on the DirectAdmin forums. So it's all a two-way street :).

Jeff

Back