Moving domains between Resellers ?

dmxmedia

Hi All,

Does anyone have a clue how to move a domain within resellers.

Example.

Reseller A has domain abc.ext
Reseller B has domain xyz.ext

Now B wants to put his xyz.ext domain under Reseller A.
How can we do this without having to delete the domain from the server ?

( note: all domains are on the same server so it's sort of a in-house move )

Cheers,

Peter

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./move_domain.sh [B]domain olduser newuser[/B]

Good luck! :)

@smtalk

this might be a valid sollution if you're the admin, but as I am on reseller level I cannot ssh into the box ( not allowed I guess ) so it would be handy if DA woould incorporate such a tool into the reseller section somehow.

Can you ask your hosting company? It's not quite that easy to do it on a reseller level because there's no structure to how users are assigned to resellers; it's simply a file in DirectAdmin.

Jeff

If your only a reseller then why would you have access to move to another reseller. Its an admin level task.

I really dont care who they are owned by,I just want the files outside of the reseller's document root so that I can make separate backups for each domain.One domain has already been created by the reseller account,I'd like to move it outside as descibed above before trying to use WHM to migrate more domains.It's not a perfect system yet and the control panel looks a little old fashioned, but I have over 50 domains transferred in or registered there now and all has worked well.

Each domain has it's own document root. It's at domains/example.com/public_html/ where example.com is the domain name.

Jeff

Back