[atmail] Could not send message to SMTP server

santovito

Verified User
If I try to send an email with atmail, I get this error:

Could not send message to SMTP server. Check you have access to send messages via the server and that all To/CC/BCC addresses are valid\nError: SMTP Server rejected email. Returned:550 authentication required

emails are sent without problems with RoundCube. Can I fix this in my server?

Thank You

Vito

Nothing to do with your server but in outlook. Your outgoing mail server needs authentication. just the same login details as the pop3. In the properties of your account and then the server tab at the bottom should ask you the authentication question. Just check that and in settings say it has to be the same as the incoming mail.

@Alwyn, your post makes no sense. santovito is not using Outlook. He's using the atmail webmail client.

@santovito, I've got no experience with atmail, and I've never seen the error. Have you tried googling?

Have you checked your atmail setup to see how it tries to send mail?

Jeff

I have exactly the same problem and it has been reported also in :
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34479

I can read mails but when i try to send i have this error :
Could not send message to SMTP server. Check you have access to send messages via the server and that all To/CC/BCC addresses are valid\nError: SMTP Server rejected email. Returned:550 authentication required

Roundcube and SquirrelMail runs correctly.

How to fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance

Your server isnt set to rely for localhost connections. Check your /etc/exim.conf and verify 127.0.0.1 is in /etc/hosts

Atmail Open

I have the same problem, and can't find it to fix this.

Is there anybody know it already how to fix?

Code:

Back