using directadmin server to scan e-mail and then send it to remote server

freakie

Verified User
as the subject already says, i want directadmin to scan the e-mails for spam and virus. after that is should send the scanned e-mail to a remote non directadmin server.

is this possible?

Anythings possible. You will have to learn how to edit the configs properly. Good Luck!

as the subject already says, i want directadmin to scan the e-mails for spam and virus. after that is should send the scanned e-mail to a remote non directadmin server.

is this possible?
Yes, but you'd have to make changes to the exim.conf file.

Jeff

But how?

I want also to have directadmin/spamassasin scan the mail for spam before delivering to an external mail server (ip).

Please give an tip or link to a thread/site describing this.

Thanx from The Netherlands.

Incoming email:

A major part of how the current exim.conf files (both the one supplied by DirectAdmin here, and the one I write and maintain here is to not even consider accepting incoming mail unless the sender is an authorized relay, or the destination address is hosted on the server. The method used to determine if the destination address is hosted on the server is intimately tied to how/where DirectAdmin defines virtual and username email addresses.

So the first step will be to rewrite that section of the exim.conf file.

Then the next step will be to route all email to the final destination server.

Outgoing email:

I haven't really studied the changes which need to be made because by default we do NOT scan outgoing email to see if it's spam.

While both are doable, neither are trivial.

We (NoBaloney Internet Services [nobaloney.net]) can certainly write custom exim.conf files under contract, but there would be an hourly rate charge.

Jeff

isn't it easier to install MailScanner

Maybe it is easier to install or something MailScanner on the server or something like it?

Any suggestions? I have multiple sites on the server only two with an external mail-server (ip) to be spam/scanned.

Suggestions on how to do this are welcome.

Let me suppose and suggest possible solution. You make your Exim to send all outgoing email through smart-host. And there on a box with smart-host you can do additional scanning.

Note, I've never done such an additional scanning. And do not guarantee, that it would work for you.

Back