SpamAssassin 3.3.0 available

Use the same on FreeBSD :)
server# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Archive::Tar'
Can't locate object method "install" via package "Archive::Tar" at -e line 1.

Just run sa-update afterwards
server# sa-update
Can't locate Archive/Tar.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9) at /usr/bin/sa-update line 78.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/sa-update line 78.

Other:
I used this http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=36 when I installed it at the time I installed the operating system and DA.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Heres what I did to overcome that problem:

Code:
server# cpan
cpan--> install Archive::Tar

cpan--> exit

server# sa-update

and all worked fine.

Last edited:
How can we update safe because all the above have problem with the upgrade method

Here is what worked for me for FreeBSD:

- copy IO-Socket-INET6-2.57.tar.gz into /usr/ports/distfiles (Ports couldn't find this where it looked on the web)
Code:
# make reinstall clean -C /usr/ports/devel/libtool22
# make install clean –C /usr/ports/security/gnupg  (Take defaults)
# cpan
cpan> install Archive::Tar
cpan> install IO::Zlib
cpan> install Digest::SHA
cpan> install Mail::SPF
cpan> install Mail::DKIM
cpan--> exit
Download SpamAssassin
Code:
# cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
# wget -O /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/packages/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.1.tar.gz http://www.ecoficial.com/apachemirror/spamassassin/source/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.1.tar.gz
Update scripts and install SpamAssassin
Code:
# perl -pi -e 's/3.2.5/3.3.1/' spam.sh
# perl -pi -e 's/getFile $FILE;/#getFile $FILE;/' spam.sh
# ./spam.sh
# ps -ax | grep spamd
# kill <process ID of /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 15>
# /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 15
# ps -ax | grep spamd
# spamassassin -V
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1
  running on Perl version 5.8.9
# sa-update
- cron sa-update so it keeps your spam rules up to date

Last edited:
The only things I had problems with were this. Not really too major as the work arounds are easy enough.

#sa-update
Produces this error on FBSD 6.2 with the latest patching and custombuild.
error: gpg required but not found!

So I instead ran
#sa-update --nogpg

Of course the output of sa-update puts the rules under /usr/share/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/ instead of just /usr/share/spamassassin/ so a simple copy worked to fix that.

cp -Rp /usr/share/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/* /usr/share/spamassassin/

Exim and SpamD restart just fine after that.

BigWil

Can I ask why after the update script and run sa-update, command line shows the follow warning msg

Can't locate Archive/Tar.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8) at /usr/bin/sa-update line 81.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/sa-update line 81.

Code:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Archive::Tar'

Last edited:
Anybody figure this out? I am getting the same error.

When installing the Mail:SPF, I got this error message:
"Prereq 'v0.002.1' for 'Net::DNS::Resolver::programmable' is not supported by Module::Build::Compat"

Any idea on how to get this fixed please?

Anybody figure this out? I am getting the same error.
If you're getting the same error, you've got the same problem. The two posts immediately above yours give instructions for installing the software whose absence is causing the error.

Which leads me to wonder if you've even read the thread before posting.

If above doesn't work for you, you'll need to install, or have someone else install, mcpan, or google instructions on the 'net for downloading and installing perl modules manually.

Or hire someone to do it for you.

Jeff

hmm, i'm not liking the update that much.. much more spam seems to get through now.

Am I the only one who is experiencing this?

I don't like this update too, seems to have more spams coming thru. One server got the 127.0.0.1 connection refused error too.

Hows your downgrade so far? Does it help?

I don't like this update too, seems to have more spams coming thru. One server got the 127.0.0.1 connection refused error too.
Update of which? SpamAssassin? Or the SpamBlocker powered exim.conf file? I'm guessing the latter, because SpamAssassin doesn't care one way or the other about mail coming from 127.0.0.1.

If the SpamBlocker powered exim.conf file, remember it's a beta file, and you need to follow all the instructions when installing it. You get the choice of allowing mail from 127.0.0.1 or not. it's entirely up to you.

The final release version will allow mail from 127.0.0.1 by default.

Jeff

Update of which? SpamAssassin? Or the SpamBlocker powered exim.conf file? I'm guessing the latter, because SpamAssassin doesn't care one way or the other about mail coming from 127.0.0.1.

No, it's Spamassassin 3.3.1. I've update on 3 servers and all 3 are getting more spams now. One server is getting this error, "connect to spamd on 127.0.0.1 failed, retrying (#1 of 3): Connection refused"

I've removed all spamassassin installation and re-install 3.2.5 but still getting this connection refused error. Have now commented off spamassassin in Exim.conf but still getting a lot of spams.

You'll never get less spam by shutting of SpamAssassin.

I don't know why you're having the problem. I won't know unless I log into your server and check. Unfortunately, If I do that I charge for it.

Perhaps someone else will be able to continue trying to figure it out for you.

Jeff

start spamd this error

mars# /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 15
child process [97137] exited or timed out without signaling production of a PID file: exit 25 at /usr/bin/spamd line 2585.
mars#
mars# sa-update

Last edited:
Can someone advise how one can un-install spamassassin and clamav and do a clean re-install. I've tried to use the guide here to uninstall and re-install but still have the same old problem. Spamassassin fails after a few minutes.

work fine FreeBSD 5.x

mars# sa-update -D --nogpg

mars# /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 5
mars# ps -aux|grep spamd
root 97399 64.3 8.2 173708 171908 ?? Ss 9:16AM 0:52.58 /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 5 (perl5.8.9)
root 97435 0.0 8.2 173708 171904 ?? S 9:17AM 0:00.01 spamd child (perl5.8.9)
root 97436 0.0 8.2 173708 171904 ?? S 9:17AM 0:00.01 spamd child (perl5.8.9)
root 97440 0.0 0.0 1436 804 p0 RL+ 9:17AM 0:00.00 grep spamd

refer this http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18331

The only things I had problems with were this. Not really too major as the work arounds are easy enough.

#sa-update
Produces this error on FBSD 6.2 with the latest patching and custombuild.

So I instead ran
#sa-update --nogpg

Of course the output of sa-update puts the rules under /usr/share/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/ instead of just /usr/share/spamassassin/ so a simple copy worked to fix that.

cp -Rp /usr/share/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org/* /usr/share/spamassassin/

Exim and SpamD restart just fine after that.

BigWil

we change update directory this

we update again
#sa-update --nogpg

but update to old parth /usr/share/spamassassin/updates_spamassassin_org
not point to new path /usr/share/spamassassin/

thank you

Back