Installing DA on CentOS 5.4 64 Bit

dotdoms

Verified User
Hello,

I am currently facing a huge problem on installing DA on CentOS 5.4 64 Bit:

When I am running the ./setup.sh everythgin SEEMS to work fine, does the installation and finally is saying that everything is fine and I can use DA, but obviously apache isn´t working at all (and probably lotsa other services as well).

I then tried it again, doing a fresh clean CentOS installation, again installing DA with the same result. I then tried doing custombuild with ./build apache, again same result.

Now in my license it says for given OS: "ES 5.0" that had been changed from debian to this after I requested this license being changed to centos 5.4 64. Now I wonder, wether that could be the problem or is this just an abbreviation that DA uses for Centos? Since when DA setup finishes it says DA was setup on Enterprise OS 5.4 correctly.

Did anyone one of you face the same problems already? And if yes how did you solve them? I´m in a kinda hurry on that one, since the server is already live since so far there hadn´t ever been issues with directadmin installations to me (but then so far I always used debian 32 bit systems).

All services are installed via source code and know nothing of your os version. If directadmin works I wouldnt see what the problem is. You can rebuild all services by doing:

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build clean
./build all d

Well directadmin is NOT working... I can´t even check how much of it is working since apache isn´t working either... nevertheless both services claim to be running...

I already tried custombuild several times with using build all and using build [several services] but with the same result...

Do you have a firewall? What happens when you go to http://<ipaddress>:2222

no firewall...

when going to IPaddress:2222 nothing happens will just not be found...

@dotdoms,

Was that the solution you looking for ? Just to let other readers, experience and learn from your knowledge.

Back