Awstats won't work after modifying Document Root

heavencloud

Hello,

First of all, I would like to say that I'm still a beginner when it comes to any linux operating system, so hope you can bear with me.

I had setup a normal domain and installed awstats in my directadmin server and it works as i can access it by typing domain.com/awstats. But suddenly my customer decided to make a new version of his website thus moving all the new files into a subdomain. Later he requested me to point the domain directly to the /public_html/subdomain folder.

Being a beginner, I started to search on the net on how to do it. In the end, I found the way to modify the /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/httpd.conf and modify the Document Root to point to /public_html/subdomain folder

Now i realized that my awstats can't be viewed anymore as it will appear as 404 error:
=================
Not Found

The requested URL /awstats was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
=================

I tried to search anywhere, but no avail. Hope I can get some guidance from you guys. Thank you.

My guess is that by modifying the DocumentRoot you broke a link somewhere which redirects AWstats. You'll have to find it and change it.

You may have also broken other links; you should probably check (for example) all the webmail links.

Generallly we webhosters tell our clients the document root, not the other way around :).

Jeff

hmmm.. i see. Then u have a suggestion where i can look for the awstats's configuration file?

Let me try re-install the awstats and see how things will go. But, how to uninstall it in the firsst place? :eek:

why dont you move just the awstat from the subdomain folder into public_html?

for reinstall awstats you should use

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build awstats

Back