rewrite_confs in v1.1

BigWil

Verified User
custom/ap1/conf/httpd.conf custom/ap1/conf/extra/*.conf

I am getting the impression that the conf files under custom are being ignored by the ./build rewrite_confs command. I know this especially because of my "#creating from configure" string which shows everytime I rebuild them. :)

When I do a rewrite_confs Is there any way to get it to actually rewrite the conf files using the ones I have provided for it under the custom folder instead?

BigWil

Smtalk,

AP1CONFDIR=${WORKDIR}/configure/ap1/conf
AP1CUSTOMCONFDIR=0
if [ -d custom/configure/ap1/conf ]; then
AP1CUSTOMCONFDIR=custom/configure/ap1/conf
fi
AP2CONFDIR=${WORKDIR}/configure/ap2/conf
AP2CUSTOMCONFDIR=0
if [ -d custom/configure/ap2/conf ]; then
AP2CUSTOMCONFDIR=custom/configure/ap2/conf
fi
AP2CERTCONF=configure/ap2/cert_config
if [ -e custom/configure/ap2/cert_config ]; then
AP2CERTCONF=custom/configure/ap2/cert_config
fi

I think those are supposed to be:
custom/ap1
custom/ap2

and not
custom/configure/ap1
custom/configure/ap2

Edited the build script with this change and everything rewrote as expected.

BigWil

Last edited:
Why would you choose to do that? Every other place that custom is used it is an exact replica. Adding configure under custom is completely confusing. So what we have done is to break peoples' conf files because there was no backwards compatibility put in place.

How about checking to see if custom/ap# exists and if not then check if custom/configure/ap# exists? That would allow for some backwards compatibility in this odd change of nomenclature and path. Perhaps a big notice during the upgrade_data process telling everybody to put their custom/* files into custom/configure/* instead?

Sorry for being irritated but I have been fixing machine builds for hours now over this.

BigWil

Last edited:
I've updated both scripts to check boths paths so it will still work even if you have the custom/configure/ap* path.

The correct path will be custom/ap*

Again, the script checks for both, so you don't need to worry too much, but I recommend adopting the correct custom/ap* format.

John

Back