option to disable smtp for users

B3rt

Verified User
I would like to see a option to disable smtp usage for specific domains of users.

Now there is no option to disable smtp usage at all within the panel.

We often experience that users are hacked and send a lot of spam using there smtp account. I could of course suspend the whole domain but this is no "user friendly" considering that only 1 account of this domain is spamming. When I suspend everything is down, this is not always prefered.
It would be great to disable only 1 specific account or 1 domain for smtp mail sending, that way the domain still can receive mail and use webmail but smtp mail is blocked. Other domains/accounts on the server can use smtp mail normally. Disabling smtp should be a admin option only.

Is there a way to integrate this into DA ?

Yes there is but that is not same.
I which to disable the smtp function for a specific account completely.

well using the user limit and set ip to 0 should work

echo "0" >> /etc/virtual/limit_USERNAME

this should work, you need to use latest exim.pl from directadmin.

Regards

Doesn't work, just tested both with SquirrelMail and Roundcube, setting the limit to 1 just disables sending email altogether.

there is a module for limiting smtp from send number of email like 50 or ... per day for user,
search 3rdparty forum. you can find it

It's even an official DirectAdmin feature nowadays, but that still doesn't really do what the original poster intended I think. He was trying to disable remote smtp access to its users while keeping the option for them to use the webmail. So basically you'd want exim to lookup the user and sending host and only allow an email to go through if the sending host is localhost/127.0.0.1.

Back