Unable to delete the main email account

nango

Verified User
Hi
I found an email account that is spamer and user said its not active account please delete, but I can't delete for this: Unable to delete the main email account.
Is there any way for delete manual or disable this account?

Every system user has an email account. To delete the email account for the user means deleting the user.

Its true, but On mail queue, this user have a huge emails for send (more than 20000) and my mail server black listed from yahoo.
So how to disable this email address?

Confused :confused:, any main email account try to send bulk. and I'm suspending users one by one, whats the solution? why and how main accounts are send huge bulk spam?

If the email is really coming from the user email account (not just someone spoofing their address), then then user (account owner) is causing the spam, either intentionally or because she/he has an exploited program running on the site.

So first, make sure you know the email is coming from the account itself and not just from someone spoofing the address (the log files will tell you), and if so, suspend the user.

Jeff

Thanks jlasman, it was a php exploit file on root of site, I delete it and spam stopped.
But how can setup server to force emails on php files use valid username and password on any web site?

Thanks, but by this change nobody cant send mail from php forms.
I think there is a way to force php mail use password and username, if this happened exploit files can't send email.

I don't see why the system can't set the default mailbox up for local delivery only (as an option) ... sendmail, exim and postfix can all do this.

I agree with the OP - this should be an option in the DA CP ...

What should be an option? Deleting the default mailbox? You can do that now. Simply delete the user and the mailbox goes away with it. If you just log in through SSH you can of course delete the default mailbox, but you should know that every linux mail system will automatically create a new mailbox for the default user if it's not already there, the first time an email is received.

So do you mean set it up for local delivery only? What do you mean by local delivery? So it can only send locally? Or that it could only receive locally? Be prepared to discuss how this would or wouldn't affect email to/from the server.

And remember that many clients actually use the default email account.

Jeff

I don't see why the system can't set the default mailbox up for local delivery only (as an option) ... sendmail, exim and postfix can all do this.

I agree with the OP - this should be an option in the DA CP ...

Please explain how to do this in exim. Also please explain how this has anything to do with the OP.

Jeff,

I'm talking about receiving local mail. What I mean as an "option" is to cater for those who want to use it.

In sendmail you can have mailbox users that receive local only email. This is done in the Local Domains (CW), and by configuring the MC file.

I'm not sure about Exim, but I have found there's a fair bit of functionality within the access control list (ACL). For example - there's condition and modifier processing:

accept senders = ${lookup{$host_name}lsearch{/some/file}{$value}fail}

and then there's the deny:

deny hosts = ...

and this of course depends on the positioning (order) of the ACL statements.

However, I'm new to Exim - and this is just a quick scan of the documentation.

I am not a php programmer but I know most popular scripts in their settings give you the option of using phpmail() or SMTP.

I am sure if you google php smtp you will find some examples.

How is it?

The topic is about disabling/deleting the main mailbox account.

If there was a feature that prevented internet-bound emails on this account there would have not been any issue with the said spamming.

In many situations the main user account is setup by WHMCS - which might call the DA user something like "domainuser" - and most emails will be "fred@", "Bill@" etc - so it is often they wont use this account.

If there was a feature that prevented internet-bound emails on this account there would have not been any issue with the said spamming.

The issue is about spam being sent FROM the mail email account.

I found an email account that is spamer
any main email account try to send bulk
but On mail queue, this user have a huge emails for send (more than 20000) and my mail server black listed from yahoo.

If it was inbound that was the problem then it would be easily fixed by null routing the email.

I am aware of this:

internet-bound emails are outBOUND as well as inBOUND - you follow?

I am aware of this:

internet-bound emails are outBOUND as well as inBOUND - you follow?

No but then again I have only been doing this since 1995 so you probably know more than me.

In and Out are not the same thing. Using a mail account to send is totally different than that same mailbox receiving.

And if you read the thread carefully it was not even the mail account being used to send the spam. It was a php exploit sending mail in the user's name. The mail account was not touched and in the end was not relevant.

Back