how to transfer phpbb3 forum cpanel to directadmin

tracy

i recently moved to direct admin from a cpanel setup is there any way to transfer my phpbb3 forum (including users, posts, images etc)

web host tried copying files and renaming sql etc but no luck

anyone having experience/facing same situation please post here to discuss ? ;)

any help very much appreciated

Tracy

If you're not using Installatron with DirectAdmin, then it would just be a matter of importing the database into mysql and copying all of the phpbb3 files to the new host.

Installatron would allow you to import the installation (once it's set up and working of course) and allow for you to upgrade to newer versions nearly automatically going forward.

i did clean installation and copied all files but database_update.php didnt show any change :(

Did you refresh the cache and post counts and such from within the admin panel after importing your old phpbb database with your original users?

i recently moved to direct admin from a cpanel setup is there any way to transfer my phpbb3 forum (including users, posts, images etc)

web host tried copying files and renaming sql etc but no luck

anyone having experience/facing same situation please post here to discuss ? ;)

any help very much appreciated

Tracy

sorry im not very familiar with this! i was actually following a guide in phpbb support forum but it didnt work

is there any easier way to transfer my phpbb forum from cpanel to direct admin ?

Thanks

Its not really a matter of moving the forum from cPanel to DirectAdmin, it's a matter of moving the files from one host to another, as there is no real tie to either panel, just perhaps the version of mysql running on either host and perhaps the directory path needing to be changed in some files.

is the directory path and table structure same in both cpanel and directadmin ? i see that both panels using phpmyadmin so technically it should be compatible to each other :)

The key to a successful move has nothing to do with paths or control panels.

First create your forum on the new machine. You can do that by ftp, or by converting a cPanel backup to DirectAdmin (search these forums).

Second reconfigure your forum to use a different database (including username and password) created according to DirectAdmin's requirements for the user running the forum.

Third, create a database backup on cPanel, move it to your DirectAdmin server, and import it to the new database.

Note it's been years since I've done this; I could have left something out, but if you ask questions here perhaps someone with more recent experience will be able to give additional help.

Jeff

i got it fixed..thanks for all the replies :)
it was something to do with permission... thats what my webhost told me :D

Back