PHP can't compile

bkent

I'm getting a similar error message trying to cross compile php for arm.

I'm trying to compile a php binary in cgi-mode, which supports sqlite.

I am trying to cross compile from a Ubuntu PC.

My code is as follows (from the unzipped PHP directory):

$ export CC=/usr/local/arm/3.4.1/bin/arm-linux-gcc
$ export CXX=/usr/local/arm/3.4.1/bin/arm-linux-cpp
$ ./configure --host=i386-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr/home/ben/Desktop/php_bin --enable-ftp --target=arm --without-pear --disable-simplexml --disable-mbregex --enable-sockets --enable-pdo --with-pdo-sqlite --with-sqlite3 --disable-all
$ make
$ make install

It runs through the ./configure fine until the make

command, where it falls over with the following

error:

.....Zend/zend_objects_API.lo Zend/zend_default_classes.lo Zend/zend_execute.lo sapi/cgi/cgi_main.lo sapi/cgi/fastcgi.lo
main/internal_functions.lo -lcrypt -lcrypt -lrt -lm -lcrypt -lcrypt -o sapi/cgi/php-cgi
ext/date/lib/parse_date.o: could not read symbols:
Input/output error collect2: ld returned 1 exit

status
make: *** [sapi/cgi/php-cgi] Error 1

I went into to php-5.3.2/ext/date/lib and sure enough

the parse_date.o file hangs the OS when I try and open it.

I re-downloaded the php 5.3.2 tarball, (thinking it could be a corrupt download) and php-5.3.2/ext/date/lib/parse_date.o doesn't exist, and I get the same error anyway.

I've been researching online a bit and .o files are made during installations....

Do you think as the error message I get is similar there could be a similar solution??

Cross-compiling PHP

Hi

I'm a bit of a newbie with this stuff, so I'm not 100% sure where to post this.

Anyway I have a mini arm based PC for which I am trying to compile a php binary in cgi-mode, which supports sqlite.

My code is as follows (from the unzipped PHP directory):

$ export CC=/usr/local/arm/3.4.1/bin/arm-linux-gcc
$ export CXX=/usr/local/arm/3.4.1/bin/arm-linux-cpp
$ ./configure --host=i386-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr/home/ben/Desktop/php_bin --enable-ftp --target=arm --without-pear --disable-simplexml --disable-mbregex --enable-sockets --enable-pdo --with-pdo-sqlite --with-sqlite3 --disable-all
$ make
$ make install

It runs through the ./configure fine until the make command, where it falls over with the following error:

.....Zend/zend_objects_API.lo
Zend/zend_default_classes.lo Zend/zend_execute.lo
sapi/cgi/cgi_main.lo sapi/cgi/fastcgi.lo
main/internal_functions.lo -lcrypt -lcrypt -lrt -lm -lcrypt -lcrypt -o sapi/cgi/php-cgi
ext/date/lib/parse_date.o: could not read symbols:

Input/output error collect2: ld returned 1 exit
status
make: *** [sapi/cgi/php-cgi] Error 1

I went into to php-5.3.2/ext/date/lib and sure enough the parse_date.o file hangs the OS when I try and open it.

I re-downloaded the php 5.3.2 tarball, (thinking it could be a corrupt download) and php-5.3.2/ext/date/lib/parse_date.o doesn't exist, and I get the same error anyway.

I've been researching online a bit and .o files are made during installations....

If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong I'd be eternally grateful!

I'm getting a similar error message trying to cross compile php for arm.

I'm trying to compile a php binary in cgi-mode, which supports sqlite.

You're asking in the wrong place. You've asking in a FreeBSD subforum for users of the DirectAdmin webhosting control panel. You're more likely to find a response if you ask in the right place. In the meantime, I've reclassified your post as offtopic, because it is for our forum. I've also moved your other post to the same new thread. Please do not double-post in DirectAdmin forums.

Jeff

Back