AfterLogic WebMail Lite 4.9.10 installation script

Would you like it to be implemented into the CustomBuild script?

• Yes

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters
regular system user doesnt require @domain, virtual users does.

Maybe (and im totally unsure about this) the login should also be system-user@system-hostname but im guessing

Regards

What do you mean by "virtual users"? Actually I am newbe with mail servers.

Are you using DirectAdmin?

If yes, each user you create is a system user, and you will assign a domain to that user.

Every email you create for that domain (ex. [email protected]) will be a virtual user.

Regards

If yes, each user you create is a system user, and you will assign a domain to that user.

Every email you create for that domain (ex. [email protected]) will be a virtual user.

Regards

Actually, I've installed DirectAdmin but I don't know how to use it and create user in it.

Regards

I have installed the DirectAdmin. And I want to add users. But I found something very very ridiculous:
I have a domain assigned to my server (say rafigh82.com). I want to have an email address like [email protected].
In directadmin, when I try to add the domain -rafigh82.com- I get an error like: this domain already exist.
And when I try to add a new user it asks for domain. I set a fake domain name like domain.com and add a user. But each time I want to add a new user, it takes a new domain name!!! It seems I should set a unique domain name for each user in directadmin. It sucks or I'm wrong?

Lol, you are wrong ofc.

If you want you can set multiple domain per user.

Also, if it say domain already in use it mean that the domain is already assigned to an user, that shuold be the admin user or another user.

Check which user have that domain (if it is admin you will need to click to user level) and manage email from there.

If you wanna add multiple domain per user, go to the user level and click on domain administrator, there you can add other domains.

Regards

Lol, you are wrong ofc.

If you want you can set multiple domain per user.

Also, if it say domain already in use it mean that the domain is already assigned to an user, that shuold be the admin user or another user.

Check which user have that domain (if it is admin you will need to click to user level) and manage email from there.

If you wanna add multiple domain per user, go to the user level and click on domain administrator, there you can add other domains.

Regards

This is the error message: That is the hostname which is reserved. Either change the hostname, or use a different domain.
I want to add user to this domain (say [email protected]) but I can't add this domain.

[email protected] is an email address not a domain name.

rafigh82.com is a domain name

if your server hostname is rafigh82.com you must change it to server.rafigh82.com cause the domain cannot be the same as hostname.

After you changed the server hostname you will be able to add and manage domain rafigh82.com

Regards

[email protected] is an email address not a domain name.

rafigh82.com is a domain name

if your server hostname is rafigh82.com you must change it to server.rafigh82.com cause the domain cannot be the same as hostname.

After you changed the server hostname you will be able to add and manage domain rafigh82.com

Regards

This is gonna drive me crazy. Here is my problem:
1- I have webserver with domain name: rafigh82.com
2- I have to set an webmail up on this server so I can have some emails. It does not matter what the email addresses will be.

Now, I have installed directadmin. Can I just define a fake domain name like lolo.com and add users to it? then how can I login to webmail???

Hi,

As Andrea already said. You probably have the hostname of your server set as rafigh82.com.
You must change this.
Did you use the Directadmin Install guide to install your server? It's written there, under step 3, "Important: "

If you have a regular hostname, then you can create a user with domain: rafigh82.com (or assign rafigh82.com to the admin user). Then you go to "User Level" (right column), and there you can manage your e-mail adresses.

Thank you.
I installed a fresh Centos on my server. And then install directadmin according to instructions. I set another hostname for my machine and then create the desired domain. I finally succeed to create users at this domain. and logining to afterlogic webmail is successful. But there is another strange thing:
After installing directadmin, two other webmails are created on my server (roundcube and squirrelmail).
I login to my Afterlogic webmail successfully (by say [email protected]) and send an email to my gmail address ([email protected]). After receiving the email successfully I reply the email by my gmail.
But weirdly, I cannot retrieve the reply in Afterlogic, it is sent to Roundcube!!
It seems the roundcube has been set as my default webmail.
How can I change it?
Hi,

As Andrea already said. You probably have the hostname of your server set as rafigh82.com.
You must change this.
Did you use the Directadmin Install guide to install your server? It's written there, under step 3, "Important: "

If you have a regular hostname, then you can create a user with domain: rafigh82.com (or assign rafigh82.com to the admin user). Then you go to "User Level" (right column), and there you can manage your e-mail adresses.

That doesnt have sense, roundcube work as IMAP, and all webmail see all mails...

If afterlogic cannot see the email i suppose there is something doesnt corretly set in afterlogic.

Regards

Thank you guys,
I finally succeed to install it. it works now.
Here is my final question: How many users afterlogic supports? I mean for a large number of users (say 2 millions), does it has any support?

You'd be better off asking the publishers; I doubt anyone here is hosting millions of email accounts on one server.

When you find out what they say, let us know.

Jeff

you know you cannot login with just the username.. i mean you cannot login afterlogic with just the admin ( just with email adresse format )

but i can login from new login interface..lol

http://box2.rapidenet.ca/webmail

strange..
but i just want to say its possible !
but why afterlogic dont fix it ?
anyway its fixed for me !

sorry for my english !

They just took DA installation scripts and included them to their product, so, you should contact them directly about that, because I am not going to rewrite any scripts for Afterlogic :) Thank you!

Lite looks interesting. Pro looks like it wants too much control to use with a hosting panel.
I wrote the above about 4-1/2 years ago, and of course I can't remember the details. But revisiting it yesterday I spoke to Jon at AfterLogic and I'm likely to test the Pro version soon; I'm looking for something more 'enterprise' oriented than RoundCube, and with the ability to import and export individual users and backup/restore of the database. More information later as I get more involved.

Jeff

On a CentOS environment you can just download and install the Afterlogic Lite tar from their website.

The complete howto for the installation of the webmail client is just 5 - 10 minutes of work.

Code:
[SIZE=3][FONT=arial]wget http://www.afterlogic.org/download/webmail-panel-installer.tar.gz
[COLOR=#444444]tar -xzvf ./webmail-panel-installer.tar.gz

[/COLOR][COLOR=#444444]cd ./webmail-panel-installer
chmod a+x ./installer
./installer -t lite -a install[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Just a copy-paste of this

I installed the old version, 5.1.4, that works fine, but the new version I could not install, even with the tutorial as described on the Afterlogic website since I´m using FreeBSD. The scripts are written for Linux and unfortunately not compatible with FreeBSD.

Back