.fr nameserver change on GoDaddy

sr83

A friend of mine recently purchased a .fr domain with GoDaddy and told him to purchase a French hosting package thinking that pointing the nameservers at a French host would be pretty straightforward.

The domain in question is: formationanglais.fr
The hosting account was bought at Imingo and is on: 81.28.98.69/ivc1.imingo.net

After updating the nameservers (via the Godaddy control panel) to ns1.imingo.net ns2.imingo.net I waited and watched the WHOIS record for several days. Eventually I contacted Godaddy and got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Online Support. We are only able to inform you
that the nameserver change failed. Different registries have different
rules when it comes to nameservers that you can use. You may want to
consider contacting the .FR registry or use your preferred search engine
to find out any restrictions for nameservers on .FR domain names or to see
if the ones you are attempting to use will work. You can also contact your
hosting provider to make sure they are capable of hosting .FR domain names
and that the nameservers they provided to you are in working order.
Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

I emailed Imingo and AFNIC and got no response from either party.

My next idea was to try and modify the DNS records at Godaddy to point A, MX records etc at Imingo. I have done this (by looking at another domain's DN record: http://www.who.is/dns/suivez-mon-regard.net/).

I would really appreciate if someone could look over what I've done and let me know if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks

GoDaddy is correct; you'll have to ask the French registry.

However there's one thing you can look at first; make sure that DNS is set up properly for the zone on your server before you ask GoDaddy (again) to change the nameservers.

If that doesn't help, then asking the French registry becomes your only optiion.

Jeff

.fr registry, is quite annoying in its technical procedures to set dns correctly...
I'd invite you, once set up your dns's and your root / postmaster / hostmaster account, to undergo zonecheck test...
http://www.zonecheck.fr/

It will allow you to correct all "Fail Errors", and once you obtain a success test (even with warnings, they are not critical), you will be able to change dns with no difficulty...

Hello,

I’m hosting a BIND dns server, and I’m trying to change nameservers for my e-line.fr domain but can’t change them, although I already have several domains DNS hosted succesfully.

I’m trying to put: ns.brand.nom.fr and ns2.brand.nom.fr but receive:

Error: Authorization error; Parent domain not registered
; Name server pending addition is not registered: NS.BRAND.NOM.FR; Authorization error; Parent domain not registered

I’m already tried also KS23464.KIMSUFI.COM and ns.brand.nom.fr, as I have already done for another domain such as philippebrand.com, without success.
How can I change them ?

Thanks.

I'd guess that brand.nom.fr is registered, because it's found in the whois registry. Is it your domain?

I can find an IP# for ns.brand.nom.fr, so I suppose it's already registered. But it may not be registered at the registrar. That's the only reason I can see for the problem.

But your question confuses me. Where are you seeing this error?

And why are you asking us about problems at GoDaddy? You should be asking them. Are you running DirectAdmin?

Jeff

Back