Support for additional nameservers

Bluesplinter

Is support for adding more than two nameservers in the DA interface going to happen?

And yep, I know about the kb article: How to add a 3rd name server (ns3)

However, creating a custom dns_ns.conf doesn't help resellers who would like to brand their nameservers.

Is this on the horizon? Can it be skinned, perhaps? I don't mind getting my hands dirty in conf files if this can be made easier for resellers to private label all of my nameservers, and not just the first two.

Note that the dns_ns.conf is a template, and all templates support scripting.

What you can do, if you have multiple Reseller and want the 3 values to differ for each Reseller.. edit the custom dns_ns.conf. Change
Code:
|NS1|=|DOMAIN|.
|NS2|=|DOMAIN|.
ns3.host.com.=|DOMAIN|.
to be:
Code:
|NS1|=|DOMAIN|.
|NS2|=|DOMAIN|.
|*if NS1="ns1.host.com."|
ns3.host.com.=|DOMAIN|.
|*else|
ns3.defaulthost.com.=|DOMAIN|.
|*endif|
You can have multiple if-statements (without an "else") if you want to have multiple variations on that.

John

Hey John,

Thanks, that's helpful (especially as it apples to all the other templates I can script), but it's not really scalable, is it? I mean, I'd have to manually edit the custom conf each time my resellers changed their nameservers.

Please consider adding an extra coupla boxes to the UI... or even an API for it so it can be skinned. I don't mind scripting stuff, if it can be made to scale with volume. :)

Back