Bandwith monitoring per user/domain

sky

Verified User
Hello

I would like to set up a bandwith monitoring system per user/domain on my server.

I have a CentOS 5 64b and running apache2.

I found a couple of things on the forum, but whas for apache1.

I seam to remenber that there someone did a litle nifty thing to display BP per domain for this, but cant find it.

What do you people use ?
Any ideas ?

Mod cBand seams to be able to limit bandwith, but not act as a monitoring system.

Thx for your help.
Sky

Hello

Yes, there is.

But thats not exactly a monitoring system. Well, i did not see it that way, i might be whrong or need to change my vision.

Sky

So what are you looking for? Are you looking for a realtime bandwidth monitor you can visit on the 'net and see in realtime?

For that we use mrtg, but I don't think it works with individual sites/users, but rather individual IP#s.

Jeff

I do not think mrtg will even do individual ip's but only network interfaces.

For ip's use http://ipaudit.sourceforge.net/ipaudit-web/
Are you actually using this? Or did you just find it and report? It looks interesting. However I believe ipaudit requires it be on a promiscuous port on the same network, which for me would mean it's own server. Any comments? Any experience?

Thanks.

Jeff

You can try mod_cband for Apache: it can assign bandwith for each vhost, max bandwith for each visitor of single vhost, traffic for vhost and many other....

You can configure it to have a status page where it give in realtime bandwith usage for each domain.

Back