RoundCube Webmail 0.4 is released

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Release 0.4

• Fix disapearing upload form disapears when user selects a file on Safari (#1486823)
  • Don't replace error messages with loading info (#1486300)
  • Fix JS errors on compose mode switch (#1486870)
  • Fix message structure parsing when it lacks optional fields (#1486881)
  • Include all recipients in sendmail log
  • Support HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PROTO header for HTTPS detecting (#1486866)
  • Fix default IMAP port configuration (#1486864)
  • Create Sent folder when starting to compose a new message (#1486802)
  • Fix handling of messages with Content-Type: application/* and no filename (#1484050)
  • Improved compose screen: resizable body and attachments list, vertical splitter, options menu
  • Fix RC forgets search results (#1483883)
  • TinyMCE 3.3.7
  • Improve parsing of styled empty tags in HTML messages (#1486812)
  • Add %dc variable support in base_dn/bind_dn config (#1486779)
  • Add button to hide/unhide the preview pane (#1484215)
  • Fix no-cache headers on https to prevent content caching by proxies (#1486798)
  • Fix attachment filenames broken with TNEF decoder using long filenames (#1486795)
  • Use user's timezone in Date header, not server's timezone (#1486119)
  • Add option to set separate footer for HTML messages (#1486660)
  • Add real SMTP error description to displayed error messages (#1485927)
  • Fix some IMAP errors handling when opening the message (#1485443)
  • Fix related parts aren't displayed when got mimetype other than image/* (#1486432)
  • Multiple identity and database support for squirrelmail_usercopy plugin (#1486517)
  • Support dynamic hostname (%d/%n) variables in configuration options (#1485438)
  • Add 'messages_list' hook (#1486266)
  • Add request* event triggers in http_post/http_request (#1486054)
  • Fix use RFC-compliant line-delimiter when saving messages on IMAP (#1486712)
  • Add 'imap_timeout' option (#1486760)
  • Fix forwarding of messages with winmail attachments
  • Fix handling of uuencoded attachments in message body (#1485839)
  • Added list_mailboxes hook in rcube_imap::list_unsubscribed() (#1486668)
  • Fix wrong message on file upload error (#1486725)
  • Add support for data URI scheme [RFC2397] (#1486740)
  • Added 'actionbefore', 'actionafter', 'responsebefore', 'responseafter' events
  • Fix double-addition of e-mail domain to content ID in HTML images
  • Read and send messages with format=flowed (#1484370), fixes word wrapping issues (#1486543)
  • Fix duplicated attachments when forwarding a message (#1486487)
  • Fix message/rfc822 attachments containing only attachments are not parsed properly (#1486743)
  • Fix %00 character in winmail.dat attachments names (#1486738)
  • Fix handling errors of folder deletion (#1486705)
  • Parse untagged CAPABILITY response for LOGIN command (#1486742)
  • Renamed all php-cli scripts to use .sh extension
  • Some files from /bin + spellchecking actions moved to the new 'utils' task
  • Added thread tree icons
  • Extend contact groups support (#1486682)
  • Fix check-recent action issues and performance (#1486526)
  • Fix messages order after checking for recent (#1484664)
  • Fix autocomplete shows entries without email (#1486452)
  • Fix listupdate event doesn't trigger on search response (#1486708)
  • Fix select_all_mode value after selecting a message (#1486720)
  • Set focus to editor on reply in HTML mode (#1486632)
  • Fix composing in HTML jumps cursor to body instead of recipients (#1486674)
  • Allow columns order change per user - drag&drop (#1485795)
  • Add References header in read receipt (#1486681)
  • Fix database constraint violation when opening a message (#1486696)
  • Add 'loading' message while login is in progress (#1486667)
  • Fix quota_zero_as_unlimited (#1486662)
  • Fix folder subscription checking (#1486684)
  • Fix INBOX appears (sometimes) twice in mailbox list (#1486672)
  • Fix listing of attachments of some types e.g. "x-epoc/x-sisx-app" (#1486653)
  • Fix DB Schema checking when some db_table_* options are not set (#1486654)

hi, great news!! When will be available on custombuild? :)
is it compatible with php5.3.3?

for who doesn't want to wait the custombuild add, can use this followed code line :

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set autover no
wget -O roundcubemail-0.4.tar.gz "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/roundcubemail/roundcubemail/0.4/roundcubemail-0.4.tar.gz?use_mirror=ignum"
perl -pi -e 's/roundcubemail:0.3.1:34e8e18772e7eada8769b6c5c20f7c8e/roundcubemail:0.4:6e5d2313087ce1e1209eb0f4fd71beab/' versions.txt
./build roundcube

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
It should be available soon. Yes, it is compatible with PHP 5.3.

I've added it to custombuild.
Note that this update is a bit tricky because it requires some of the SQL/mysql.update.sql file, but not all of it. This is because it has all mysql updates for all previous versions.. but you can't run old update sql lines twice or the file errors out and your new updates fail.

What I've done is added a fancy "tail" command to only run updates since 0.3.1. Custombuild should be updated to know what the old version was before and slide the tail accordingly (it's ready for it), but for now, we'll leave it like this (hardcoded at 0.3.1 for the "update from" version) so that you guys can get 0.4 now.

John

I've added it to custombuild.
Note that this update is a bit tricky because it requires some of the SQL/mysql.update.sql file, but not all of it. This is because it has all mysql updates for all previous versions.. but you can't run old update sql lines twice or the file errors out and your new updates fail.

What I've done is added a fancy "tail" command to only run updates since 0.3.1. Custombuild should be updated to know what the old version was before and slide the tail accordingly (it's ready for it), but for now, we'll leave it like this (hardcoded at 0.3.1 for the "update from" version) so that you guys can get 0.4 now.

John

hi John, with the code that you updated, when i run ./build roundcube, there is this followed output :

Code:
Updating mysql database ...
Editing roundcube configuration...
Roundcube 0.4 has been installed successfully.
./build: line 2337: ./bin/update.sh: No such file or directory

do i miss the update.sh file?

Hello,

That was trial run number 1 (which was quickly fixed). Do another update and run it again. (Changed it to use the full path instead)

John

Hello,

That was trial run number 1 (which was quickly fixed). Do another update and run it again. (Changed it to use the full path instead)

John

Hi John, i retryed again and now i've this :

Code:
ERROR 1061 (42000) at line 24 in file: '/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.4/SQL/mysql.update.proper.sql': Duplicate key name 'user_identities_index'
./build: line 2337: ./bin/update.sh: No such file or directory

Ah, CB 1.2? Try one more time for update.sh.

Note there appears to be an issue with the version checker in custombuild, to run the sql update again (it shouldn't be), so you should be able to ignore the duplicate key error.

The update process, although fairly simple if you do it manually, is tricky to do via automation since the mysql.update.sql file has to have only select items from it run based on the previous version of roundcube being used (extra parsing).. and it cannot be run twice or you'll get errors (which can be ignored assuming it worked the first time).. but if early update items in the sql worked, later ones didn't, you won't be able to update any of it because you'll get duplicate/missing items.. hence it's tricky. This is probably more for the roundcube team, but running a script instead, which checks the status of the database and updates each piece separately would be great! ;) (add it into the update.sh)

Any errors in the update process (apart from somewhat tedious manual work) may require a wipe and do-over of the database.

John

Ah, CB 1.2? Try one more time for update.sh.

Note there appears to be an issue with the version checker in custombuild, to run the sql update again (it shouldn't be), so you should be able to ignore the duplicate key error.

The update process, although fairly simple if you do it manually, is tricky to do via automation since the mysql.update.sql file has to have only select items from it run based on the previous version of roundcube being used (extra parsing).. and it cannot be run twice or you'll get errors (which can be ignored assuming it worked the first time).. but if early update items in the sql worked, later ones didn't, you won't be able to update any of it because you'll get duplicate/missing items.. hence it's tricky. This is probably more for the roundcube team, but running a script instead, which checks the status of the database and updates each piece separately would be great! ;) (add it into the update.sh)

Any errors in the update process (apart from somewhat tedious manual work) may require a wipe and do-over of the database.

John
yes i'm using CB v1.2...

i tryed again, but the same error is still there ... but i'm trying to find this file update.sh, but where should be it?

It lives at:
/var/www/html/roundcube/bin/update.sh

it may just be a rsync delay, try in a few minutes.

John

It lives at:
/var/www/html/roundcube/bin/update.sh

it may just be a rsync delay, try in a few minutes.

John

ok now there isn't anymore the update.sh error...

but there is still the mysql error :

Code:
ERROR 1061 (42000) at line 24 in file: '/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.4/SQL/mysql.update.proper.sql': Duplicate key name 'user_identities_index'
This instance of RoundCube is up-to-date.
Have fun!

Hello,

That's fine, you can ignore it. It's just the update sql being run twice, which is fine since it likely worked the first time. The script has a version checking issue (which I'm working to resolve as we speak) which doesn't realize it's already been run. It should be resolved shortly, but again, you can ignore that particular mysql message.

To test that it works, go to /roundcube, and click "Address Book":

1) If you see a "Groups" column, a "Contacts" column, then a space on the right with the roundcube logo, then you've successfully updated to 0.4.

2) If you get a 500 error when clicking it, then the sql file didn't run right. If you don't have contact data in the database, the easiest is to just login to mysql as da_admin and run "DROP DATABASE da_roundcube", then run ./build roundcube again to get the install version of the sql file. If you do have data you don't want to lose (contacts and preferences), then the sql file (/var/www/html/roundcube/SQL/mysql.update.sql) has to be manully run, but only from the point in the file that applies to your update (or you'll get errors).

John

Hello,

That's fine, you can ignore it. It's just the update sql being run twice, which is fine since it likely worked the first time. The script has a version checking issue (which I'm working to resolve as we speak) which doesn't realize it's already been run. It should be resolved shortly, but again, you can ignore that particular mysql message.

To test that it works, go to /roundcube, and click "Address Book":

1) If you see a "Groups" column, a "Contacts" column, then a space on the right with the roundcube logo, then you've successfully updated to 0.4.

2) If you get a 500 error when clicking it, then the sql file didn't run right. If you don't have contact data in the database, the easiest is to just login to mysql as da_admin and run "DROP DATABASE da_roundcube", then run ./build roundcube again to get the install version of the sql file. If you do have data you don't want to lose (contacts and preferences), then the sql file (/var/www/html/roundcube/SQL/mysql.update.sql) has to be manully run, but only from the point in the file that applies to your update (or you'll get errors).

John

yes it work, but the problem now that i'm gone there, is that... all my contacts that there were before to update to 4.0 are disappeared ...

I have no explanation for that as I didn't experience any lost contacts.

Login to /phpmyadmin, and check the da_roundcube.contacts table to see if they're there. If the "drop database da_roundcube" was run, then they'll be lost.

John

When updating roundcube I get the following:

ERROR: Wrong 'suhosin.session.encrypt' option value. Read REQUIREMENTS section in INSTALL file or use Roundcube Installer, please!

I indeed have suhosin.session.encrypt enabled.

I googled a bit and found this:

https://svn.roundcube.net/trunk/roundcubemail/program/include/iniset.php

and suhosin.session.encrypt has been blacklisted or something

By the looks of it, it upgraded successfully and Roundcube is still working, so I was wondering if its all good now or not? Because it gives a die() in that iniset, so I take it the rest of that file hasn't been executed (I'm also not sure if the error I got in updating is from that iniset.php or that peace of code has been added in multiple files).

edit: I figured out that ini_get('suhosin.session.encrypt') returns 0 under /roundcube (user webapps) and 1 under a user. So it's all fine then? :)

Last edited:
hi everyone, im having a problem on update regarding mysql syintax in .sql update file at line 1.... ive passed the suhosin problem disabling suhosin in php.ini during install.. everything seem working except address book that say "not avaible at the moment"

any idea or fix?

thanks

if you said that you have problem in php.ini.
check your logs of suhosin

na, ive sayd that the suhosin messago on roundcube installation can be removed disabling suhosin into php.ini during rouncube installation (is a sort of workaround for the suhosin error during install)

the problem i got is the mysql update file...

Been out of the Custombuild loop for a while, so please forgive my n00b-ness, how do I install the new roundcube again?

I did:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild#
./build update (this resulted in the download of some packages)
./build clean

now when I do a "ls" in the custombuild directory I only see the old versions of Roundcube packages, is this normal?

Back