Search User/Domain

MtK

Verified User
Hey,
let's assume we have a hosted domain: test.com & his client's username is testcom.
from the admin homepage (after login) I try searching for: test
I've tried hitting ENTER, clicking USER & clicking DOMAIN, it generated 3 URLs:
Code:
/CMD_ALL_USER_SHOW?comparison1=contains&comparison8=contains&value1=&value8=test&value=test
/CMD_ALL_USER_SHOW?comparison1=contains&comparison8=contains&value1=&value8=test&value=test
/CMD_ALL_USER_SHOW?comparison1=contains&comparison8=contains&value1=test&value8=&value=test
(nothing found!)

while in the search result page I search again (the 'test' phrase is still written in the search field), and the URL is now:
Code:
/CMD_ALL_USER_SHOW?value8=test&comparison8=contains&sort1=8&sort1dir=1&sort2dir=1&ipp=50
(nothing found again!)

only when I search for the full domain: test.com, I find the relevant user.

is this a bug?

We have this problem also, the search function doesn't work 100% okay.
We also do 'Show all users' and then just search for the domain.

Hello,

This is a bug but I have never been able to reproduce it... until now. I believe it's when there are more than 1 pages, and the domain/user is not on the 1st page. DA does the filter, but is still only showing you the first empty page. If you click "2" (or the page it's on) then the domain shows up. If this is correct, I'll sort out that quirk.

If anyone can confirm this theory for me, that would help (I was able to get a blank result with a test domain that started with z, as it was on page 2 of the test box.). My tests had never been tried on end-of-the-list domains, hence I wasn't able to spot the issue.

John

Update: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1132

Hello John,

We confirm your theory only partially.
Everything is working like you said, but a domain from not the 1st page does not show up at all on any page of search results (2,3,4).

Hello,

After the initial search was done, when you hit page 2, you're now looking at sorted info since that's a different link not generated by the search on the main page. So page 2 of the sorted data will be empty because when sorted, it's on page 1. The issue is with unsorted data generated by the search on the main page. (the data is sorted the second you click anything in the table).

I'm fairly confident that the solution in id=1132 works, you can give it a try if you'd like:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced/admin/content_main.html

and add the mentioned line into the search form.
Either way, it will be in the skins for the next release of DA.

John

Hello,

This is a bug but I have never been able to reproduce it... until now. I believe it's when there are more than 1 pages, and the domain/user is not on the 1st page. DA does the filter, but is still only showing you the first empty page. If you click "2" (or the page it's on) then the domain shows up. If this is correct, I'll sort out that quirk.

If anyone can confirm this theory for me, that would help (I was able to get a blank result with a test domain that started with z, as it was on page 2 of the test box.). My tests had never been tried on end-of-the-list domains, hence I wasn't able to spot the issue.

John

Update: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1132
I can confirm that if I click advanced search I can see the correct search param, and clicking search, does find the user/domain.

as for the pages, no.
I get 8 pages of blank results...
(the page already seems to be sorted by name anyway)

but!!!
the id=1132 worked :D

Last edited:
Back