SpamBlocker3 Development Closed & In Final Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
SpamBlocker3 development is now closed. I've decided that SpamBlocker 3 has been out long enough now, so the new version will be released in one or two days, as SpamBlocker4. The SpamBlocker4 subforum will be completely rebuilt for support.

There have been lots of changes. One main change is that documentation is now completely separate, in a separate file, and every section is as well documented as I can do it.

The file has been running on one of my servers for a week now, and I should be releasing the new version as Version 4.0 tomorrow, pending any problems that come to light overnight.

To those of you who helped me down this long and winding road, thanks.

Jeff

I must be reading this wrong? Spamblocker 3 started in beta in 2006 and is still not released?

What am I missing here?

You're missing that I've continually updated it in beta but never felt it finished. Now I do feel it's finished. I'm going live with it today.

It's 6:50 am here; I've gotten an early start on the day to make sure.

@interfasys:

Thanks!

Jeff

Don't forget it's going live as SpamBlocker version 4. Watch for it.

Jeff

Sorry I was late. It's definitely going live before the end of today (Saturday).

Jeff

Any Major Changes?

Were there any major changes since the last release of Spamblocker 3?

Yes. And lots of documentation has been added (though unfortunately no changelog).

I'm not doing a changelog between SpamBlocker Version 3 and SpamBlocker Version 4 because Version 3 was always a beta.

And I'm not one beetween SpamBlocker Version 2 and SpamBlocker Version 4 because it's almost a complete rewrite and the answer would be "most everything".

If anyone else wants to do a changelog you're welcome to do it.

Jeff

i confused .. so should i look upgrade my Directadmin server to SpamBlocker4 which it is the latest and the stable version , or should i look for SpamBlock3which you have finished the beta by now .

Best wishes

You should not use SpamBlocker Version 3. It's always been a beta, it always will be a beta. Free support for it by me will end by the end of October. I'll continue to offer paid support for it, but that support will consist of upgrading to SpamBlocker Version 4.

I almost decided to release the new code as SpamBlocker Version 3, but it really didn't make sense after such a long beta period, so instead I've decided the code I've been working on over the last few months will be released as SpamBlocker Version 4. It's very similar to SpamBlocker Version 3 beta, but there are some significant changes. It's working for a few weeks on multiple servers and has no obvious problems. So wait for SpamBlocker 4 as soon as it's released.

Which, unfortunately has been delayed until some time (probably late) Monday; I've been called away for some personal stuff this weekend.

Jeff

Keep us updated about SpamBlocker 4! Version 3 is giving some troubles here, because it generates bounce-messages for e-mails that should be rejected in the first place. (But we used it for months without a single problem, props for that!) :)

Most likely late tonight my time, but possibly not until tomorrow. Just about done; only a bit of cleanup still to do.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Congrats at finishing Spamblocker 3. But as you say I will install Spamblocker 4. Waiting for the kickoff :)

Regards,

Dennis

Chasing a New Carrot?...

Any update on the "late tonight my time, but possibly not until tomorrow", which was yesterday?

I keep checking the SpamBlocker 4 thread and nothing as of yet.

It has been coming out "next week" for years.

We have waited years for 3 to be released out of beta.

PLEASE don't continue this trend with SpamBlocker 4.

I get pulled away from free projects for ones I need to work on for clients. It will definitely be today/tonight.

Even if I need to stay up overnight to finish it.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back