SpamBlocker-Powered exim.conf, Version 4

Are they mailing TO other users on your server, or relaying to users on other domains which are NOT on your server?

If the former, well then, there's no real way to block that except with blocklists and SpamAssassin, as your server is supposed to accept mail from everyone if it's destined for your server.

But if it's relaying to users on other servers, then it won't do that by default, unless you've added your user's hostname, IP#, or from address, to the whitelist.

Jeff

Are they mailing TO other users on your server, or relaying to users on other domains which are NOT on your server?

If the former, well then, there's no real way to block that except with blocklists and SpamAssassin, as your server is supposed to accept mail from everyone if it's destined for your server.

But if it's relaying to users on other servers, then it won't do that by default, unless you've added your user's hostname, IP#, or from address, to the whitelist.

Jeff
Thanks...

but i dont understand one thing. When i try to send email from my home ip (MY.IP), server accepts MY.IP without authorization.
Code:
telnet MY.SERVER 25
EHLO [B]MY.IP.USERS.ISP[/B]
250-MY.SERVER Hello MY.IP.USERS.ISP [[B]MY.IP[/B]]
250-SIZE 20971520
250-PIPELINING
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=339
250 OK
RCPT TO:<[email protected]>
[B]250 Accepted[/B]

While other IPs are rejected with "550 authentication required". I didn't add MY.IP to any whitelist, but MY.IP is static and i use it 5-6 month
My whitelists are empty:

Code:
 ls -lah /etc/virtual/*white*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mail mail 0 Jan 31 13:31 /etc/virtual/whitelist_domains
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mail mail 0 Jan 27 07:12 /etc/virtual/whitelist_from
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mail mail 0 Jan 31 13:31 /etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts
-rw-r--r-- 1 mail mail 0 Jan 31 13:31 /etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts_ip
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mail mail 0 Jan 31 13:31 /etc/virtual/whitelist_senders

Where to find rule "Accept emails from MY.IP whithout authorization"?

Last edited:
The popb4smtp will allow your IP to send emails without prompting for a password.

Look in /etc/virtual/pophosts_user for your IP address.

I have another problem. After updating to SpamBlocker 4, many records began to appear in a file /var/log/exim/paniclog

Code:
2011-02-01 10:55:25 failed to expand condition "${perl{check_limits}}" for lookuphost router: You (unknown) have reach your daily email limit of 300 emails

file /etc/virtual/usage/unknown have 301C.

And a lot of messages from valid subscrb.lists were droped (in /var/log/exim/rejectlog) with Sender verify failed

and mail from gmail doesn't reach. How to understand a problem?

AND Why exim blocks now mails for users in my server?

Code:
 telnet ipr.od.ua 25
Trying 77.120.113.133...
Connected to ipr.od.ua.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 server1.rega.com.ua ESMTP Exim 4.73 Tue, 01 Feb 2011 13:10:02 +0200
EHLO  echo.ddd.com
250-server1.rega.com.ua Hello ec2-46-51-188-94.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com [46.51.188.94]
250-SIZE 20971520
250-PIPELINING
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
MAIL FROM:<[email protected]>
250 OK
RCPT TO:<[email protected]>
550-Verification failed for <[email protected]>
550-Unrouteable address
550 Sender verify failed

only
Code:
echo 0 > /etc/virtual/limit
resolves the problem. :mad:

Last edited:
pardon, work on maildir too xD

well, you need to download and substitute the exim.pl

you can download from http://www.nobaloney.net/downloads/spamblocker/DirectAdminSpamBlocker4/exim.pl

this are the command line i wrote for my company for install exim.conf sb4

Code:
ln -s /etc/virtual/domains /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains
touch /etc/virtual/bad_sender_hosts
touch /etc/virtual/bad_sender_hosts_ip
touch /etc/virtual/blacklist_domains
touch /etc/virtual/blacklist_senders
touch /etc/virtual/whitelist_domains
touch /etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts
touch /etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts_ip
touch /etc/virtual/whitelist_senders
touch /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains
touch /etc/virtual/skip_av_domains
touch /etc/virtual/skip_rbl_domains
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/bad_sender_hosts
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/bad_sender_hosts_ip
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/blacklist_domains
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/blacklist_senders
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/whitelist_domains
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/whitelist_hosts_ip
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/whitelist_senders
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/skip_av_domains
chown mail:mail /etc/virtual/skip_rbl_domains
cd /etc
rm exim.pl
wget http://www.nobaloney.net/downloads/spamblocker/DirectAdminSpamBlocker4/exim.pl
chmod 755 exim.pl

prolly yes, im not totally sure cause the best answer should arrive from jlasman but, i think is better if you use the one he provide with sb4 :)

I used this quide to update exim/conf: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=51
Those instructions are not for SpamBlocker exim.conf file Version 4. Instructions for installing SpamBlocker exim.conf file Version 4, instructions can be found here (nobaloney.net); simply click on Click Here to Download, and read the ReadMe file. There's also a handy link to buy installation if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Installation includes conversion to Dovecot if required.

Jeff

prolly yes, im not totally sure cause the best answer should arrive from jlasman but, i think is better if you use the one he provide with sb4 :)
No, better to use the one provided by DirectAdmin; I copy it from time to time as a convenience, but I'm not always up to date, so I'm probably going to remove it from my site and replace it with a link to the one provided at the DirectAdmin File Server.

Jeff

The one on my site (until I remove it anyway) will always work with SpamBlocker exim.conf Version 4, but it won't always work with newer features added by DirectAdmin staff, which often don't require updates to SpamBlocker files.

Jeff

No, better to use the one provided by DirectAdmin; I copy it from time to time as a convenience, but I'm not always up to date, so I'm probably going to remove it from my site and replace it with a link to the one provided at the DirectAdmin File Server.

Jeff

current latest official DirectAdmin exim.pl doesn't work with latest SB4 exim.conf!!!
it works only if limit=0!

I think it is good idea to notify about this in the very first post

Last edited:
im using the one from jal website with limit and not having any issue, had you try the jal one without errors to tell that the directadmin's one isnt working?

im using the one from jal website with limit and not having any issue, had you try the jal one without errors to tell that the directadmin's one isnt working?

I had try http://files.directadmin.com/services/exim.pl + SB4.exim.conf - and this combination isn't working. DA exim.pl contains code (...$name = "unknown";...) wich fills /etc/virtual/usage/unknown after a while and rejects a lot of mail with "550-Verification failed for" . (if /etc/virtual/limit is not empty)

So it is bad idea to mix SB4.exim.conf with DA.exim.pl.

But SB.exim.pl+SB.exim.conf work good (at least throughout 1 day ).

Last edited:
Back