Awstats does not show September's stat!

Hello,

The Septemeber months in html form will still be missing. The October ones should be fine come November since the "last day of the month" fix was removed. The main solution is to check the cgi version instead of the html version. View domain.com/awstats through apache with the awstats link created from your public_html directory. When viewing through apache, you'll get the full version of awstats with dynamic generation and no missing months or days.

John

(I am sorry that I deleted my post right before you answered it.)

However I do not understand what this mean:

«View domain.com/awstats through apache with the awstats link created from your public_html directory»

Do you say that the user should create a "stats" folder or something like that from DirectAdmin, and then use that domain.com/stats url to get the full cgi version?

I did try to go to mydomain.com/awstats but it give a 404 not found.

Hello,

Go to:
User Level -> Site Summary / Stats / Logs

and use the option:
"Set selected domains to be publicly viewable from"

with the default /awstats value. This will create the link for you.
It it shows /stats as the default in that field, then awstats=1 is likely missing from the directadmin.conf, or DA needs to be restarted.

John

It it shows /stats as the default in that field, then awstats=1 is likely missing from the directadmin.conf, or DA needs to be restarted.

It still shows /stats

I have awstats=1 in directadmin.conf, and also I now just restarted DirectAdmin, but it still shows /stats as default.

I am confused, but will wait until the tally is run and look at how things is tomorrow.

Hello,

Sorry, I'm wrong. The default is always "stats". I'll have to update that default in the DA code.
The symbolic link needs to be /awstats or else images and urls will be broken.

John

The script worked for october, so, stats seems to be working now.. but.. how i can rebuild septemeber stats that are still not correctly show?

Hi John,

im trying to find out a solution but there no way, the /awstats page show awestats but still with the error (not up to date, check build/update page in awstats_setup.html...

how should i have working stats for september too?

thanks for your help

Hello,

Sorry, I'm wrong. The default is always "stats". I'll have to update that default in the DA code.
The symbolic link needs to be /awstats or else images and urls will be broken.

Thank you! It looks like you have changed the time that AWStats is generated from 10 minutes after midnight to around 04:10, is this a permanent change?

the problem is.. the cgi version dont show any stat of any month.. i dunno how to see those stats... i made the link from directadmin to /awstats but if i go domain/awstats there is no stat... awstart is there but with no data of any month.. thats my problem...

To stay with text mode awstats you can manually rebuild all html files every month or use my simple script (there's an updated version).

Did you try to use CTRL+F5 or CTRL-R in your browser to refresh a page with awstats (to load it from your server, not cached one)?

Will you run an extended version of the script (http://plugins-da.net/_public_files/rebuild-awstats.sh.txt) for one particular user and post me output?

Code:
Usage ./rebuild-awstats.sh -m=<MM> [-y=<YY>] [-user=<username>] [-q]
        -m=MM           - month, 2 digits, if empty current month is used
        -y=YY           - (optional) year, 2 last digits, if empty current year is used
        -y=username     - (optional) if empty <username>, run for all users of Directadmin
        -q              - (optional) do not show AwStats output
Example: ./rebuild-awstats.sh -m=1 -y=10 -user=admin

Last edited:
Back