Danginx : A Directadmin Nginx Plugin :: Turbo boost your direct admin sever

how point DAnginx to directadmin

i install Danginx plugin
danginx.3.2.tar
now when i open my site it shows this wellcom !
Welcome to nginx!
what change do i need to resolve this ?

@syslint
Hello, I'll be honest with you, Danginx is quite nice plugin, it has some parts that could be improved but other than that it is very nice plugin, but the support team you got, seriously is by far the worst support I ever got by anything.... I create tickets and I'm getting replies that are not related to my question at all!

For example I asked this question:

Hello, as I can see with Danginx I can have custom configurations per domain under /etc/danginx/custom/ so I created a file hostindex.gr under that directory and I put inside the following settings:

location / {
proxy_pass http://hostindex.gr:3001;
}

The problem is that location / is already defined and I try to find a way to accomplish my goal without the need of editing /usr/local/nginx/conf/vhost.conf file

Is there a way to accomplish my need in an elegant way or I have to edit /usr/local/nginx/conf/vhost.conf instead?

Thanks!

So basically I asked if danginx provide a way to override the default location / that it generates on /usr/local/nginx/conf/vhost.conf for the domain, and I got this reply here:

Hello,
We wont provide support for customization of nginx.You may need to do your custom settings by yourself.

So really, what do you think? Is it a professional reply or a reply any kind related to the quality Directadmin provides?

And the above example is not the only one and not the worst one.. I have some tickets that I really printed them and use them as example to avoid...

Now danginx seems to be the only one plugin that provide support of nginx for directadmin but I'm sure that one day more will come and then with so crappy support you'll lose all your clients, I'm just saying, in your shoes I would do something before that happens.

@syslint

Could you follow up the question @panosru asked earlier about the rewrite_mod of .htaccess As I experience the same situation.
Downloaded and installed the plugin, activate it, and all websites which are using .htaccess disappeared and were redirected to the main domain of the hostingplan itself.

I prefer the discussion in this forum, so other users can benefit of your knowledge as well.

yours,

Marco

ip deny problem

i have a proflem with danginx

i can't use ip deny via htaccess for example when i use this command:
order allow,deny
deny from 146.185.31.44
allow from all

tha't not work for me

but when try to disable danginx working fine with apache

:(

NGINX does not support .htaccess. So if you want to deny access to a directory you can't do that with order allow,deny directive.

nginx

NGINX does not support .htaccess. So if you want to deny access to a directory you can't do that with order allow,deny directive.

no dude danginx working with all apache modules

but it's my problem only

please help for resolve this problem

I don't know how danginx works... but officially NGINX does not support .htaccess file.
What is there in the directory with your .htaccess file? Are there static files? Or PHP scripts?

I don't know how danginx works... but officially NGINX does not support .htaccess file.
What is there in the directory with your .htaccess file? Are there static files? Or PHP scripts?

php scripts :( i wanna prevent some ips via .htaccess but code not work with nginx. i sent email to danginx support ther told me danginx working with all apache modules :(

Make sure, that Apache gets your real IP address. Create a php script in public_html

PHP:
<?php
print $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
?>

and see in your browser what IP you've got there.

Then I guess, you're missing of apache module mod_rpaf. Note, as I don't use danginx, I can only guess. At least when I install nginx as a frontend to apache I add mod_rpaf to apache. So you'd better re-install plugin or ask for help from support team.

Note, I'm also available to fix your issue. Send me a PM for a quote if you want to get my help as a commerce service.

Then I guess, you're missing of apache module mod_rpaf. Note, as I don't use danginx, I can only guess. At least when I install nginx as a frontend to apache I add mod_rpaf to apache. So you'd better re-install plugin or ask for help from support team.

Note, I'm also available to fix your issue. Send me a PM for a quote if you want to get my help as a commerce service.
yes dude but danginx install rpaf while installing. and i have rpaf mod now. when i disable danginx and switch to apache and run your file show me my ip right but when danginx start show server ip :((

As I already told you before, I do not use danginx, but I'm quite enough familiar with Apache+NGINX, so I can check the things from inside of your server and I'll need root access for that. Otherwise you should open a ticket with developers support team, as you might wait for a long time here to get a reply on these forums from them.

been playing with this for 2 days and far as I can tell its just an auto installer for $5 a month, no settings inside admin panel or anything.
seems to me just better off installing it normally.

I'm installed danginx. If open some domain it's work fine. But if open IP, have blank screen. But if disable danginx and open IP again thats fine. How fix it?

TURBO BOOST ..lol

but i search 4 hours why few servers give request to slow ..

after 4 hours ... i see « ho they use all danginx !! » OMG

after investigation i see DANGINX put by default proxy_buffering TO on

with that all servers i use with danginx give more slow result

i discover this problem after few complaints of our clients

some example :

500k/s download a file of 10 GB
without danginx = 100 mbit/s

and sometime 10 sec before begin download the file

nginx should not write/read anything to/from disk while proxing
for maximum performance. Check your average request and response sizes
and tune buffers sizes accordingly (look at proxy_buffers,
proxy_buffer_size, proxy_max_temp_file_size documentation).

If buffering is disabled, the response is sent to the client synchronously while it is receiving it from the proxied server. This behavior may be desirable for fast interactive clients that need to start receiving the response as soon as possible.

To disable buffering in a specific location, place the proxy_buffering directive in the location with the off parameter, as follows:

location /some/path/ {
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_pass http://localhost:8000;
}

its has been really a big problem for us on all server we use danginx with proxy_buffering to ON

Really good now with proxy_buffering to OFF

Last edited:
and when you said « we can cutom vhost »

Everything is automated
- It support static files served directly from nginx WITHOUT BAND WIDTH LOSS
- File extensions are customisable
- You can customize vhost templates
- You can customize nginx.conf
- etc,.

its not true

i just asked to you this :

i need to add this :

location ~* wp\-login\.php {
limit_req zone=one burst=1 nodelay;
}

but its make error if i put it into /etc/danginx/vhost.conf

so how can i ?

Your beautiful answer :

We usually don;t support customization of our product .So your query is out of our support scope.

--------------------------------------------
Regards
Sarath S R
Director - Sales & Marketing
Syslint Technologies India Pvt.Ltd.

so is it really the : 24x7 Technical support : We provide 24 hours tech support for your Nginx server. ??

You may use DirectAdmin's webserver=nginx_apache option in the options.conf file and do customizations using DA Custom HTTPd configuration.

Back