Is there a newbie setup guide available?

sammybotz

I am obviously new here. I am coming from cpanel.

I am about to purchase a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz
4GB RAM, centos/directadmin new server.

For example in cpanel I first install the csf firewall and fix all the suggestions in the whm/plugins/ConfigServer Security&Firewall/check server security link.

Then I go to easyapache and upgrade to 2.2, mysql 5.3.3, php5, Mod SuPHP, EAccelerator for PHP, IonCube Loader for PHP, Tomcat (for site studio online web builder), Mod Security, Suhosin for PHP, Curl, CurlSSL, GD, Openssl, etc..

Install spamdconf and clamavconnector.

How to keep directadmin current and patched?

Transfer 5 cpanel websites with whcms databases to directadmin?

Switch to dovecot mail from courier. When transferring above sites.

Is there a how to guide for directadmin to do things like this or possible a series of links someone could give me?

Sorry for the newbie question but I did not get the server yet so I do not know what to expect.

Thanks very much

I am obviously new here. I am coming from cpanel.

I am about to purchase a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz
4GB RAM, centos/directadmin new server.

For example in cpanel I first install the csf firewall and fix all the suggestions in the whm/plugins/ConfigServer Security&Firewall/check server security link.

Then I go to easyapache and upgrade to 2.2, mysql 5.3.3, php5, Mod SuPHP, EAccelerator for PHP, IonCube Loader for PHP, Tomcat (for site studio online web builder), Mod Security, Suhosin for PHP, Curl, CurlSSL, GD, Openssl, etc..

Install spamdconf and clamavconnector.

How to keep directadmin current and patched?

Transfer 5 cpanel websites with whcms databases to directadmin?

Switch to dovecot mail from courier. When transferring above sites.

Is there a how to guide for directadmin to do things like this or possible a series of links someone could give me?

Sorry for the newbie question but I did not get the server yet so I do not know what to expect.

Thanks very much

www.site-helper.com will help you seriously with your basic set up.

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2247 for your migration(s)

Back