greenm

Verified User
I have a feature request:

When you setup packages for resellers or users i would love to have
an option that says:

CGI Access [x]
PHP Access [v]
DA Access [v] <-------------

This was you can exclude certain users from loggin in to DA.
From my experience its not always necessary

I hope more people like this feature.
Manually changing the ftp login etc is a drag :D

grtz

That makes no sense at all. The reason you are creating hosting accounts is to give them access to the control panel.

That makes no sense at all. The reason you are creating hosting accounts is to give them access to the control panel.

It makes sense to me, please be open for other people.
Because you use it for your own reasons doenst mean its so for other people.

We mainly use it for internal usage and resellers.

For once in my life I agree with scsi <shock, horror>

If you do not want clients to use DA, do not send the Welcome Email when you create user accounts, that way the log in details will not be sent.

For once in my life I agree with scsi <shock, horror>

If you do not want clients to use DA, do not send the Welcome Email when you create user accounts, that way the log in details will not be sent.

Its good to hear other people's suggestions about this and not sending
the email and changing the ftp login is how i am doing it atm.

I just seems to me that the less accounts that are active in DA the better, if you are not using them anyway.

not sending
the email and changing the ftp login is how i am doing it atm.
This may be the only way to do it since the admin and/or reseller need to use the DirectAdmin login to be able to administer user-level settings.

Jeff

Hello,

Although there may be varying opinions on "if" it should be an option, I'll just answer how it can be accomplished with the tools we have now.

The basic method to prevent someone from logging in or doing anything (without doing any password trickery) is to use the all_pre.sh script. Some examples.

Basically have the script check the user.conf to see if it's User you don't want to have login, and return a non-zero exit value, and you're done, they're not able to do anything.

As for the user.conf option to allow/deny them, you can use the custom package item feature:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=479

This will let you add the "DA" checkbox to all packages.
So if you name it "DA", then you'd check for: DA=yes or DA=no in the user.conf files, and have the all_pre.sh script do business from there.

Related:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=294

John

If it's disabled using your method and the all_pre.sh script, then will admins and resellers still be able to login, with or without password?

Jeff

Assuming the all_pre.sh does the correct checks, then it should be fine.
I would do something like "if DA=no then exit 1 else exit 0" (in pseudo code) so that if admin has no DA value set, they can still login.

Also, you might want to enable all_pre.sh on HTM files so that the HTM files are disabled as well:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=863

John

Back