Problems with nodename/~user access

hostbeats

Verified User
Hi,

http://node/~user/ does not work anymore (all accounts, server wide). A 403 error is displayed when trying to acces a account like this. What's the cause of this problem/how can we solve this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sander

When I fix the owner permissions of the directories and files (user instead of apache), it works for like 5 minutes but then it stops working again.

Have you made sure there's no cronjob running on the server which changes ownership permissions/rights?

Jeff

Don't think there is. I just noticed subdomains aren't working too:(. Thanks for the help btw.

* * * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq
2 0-23/6 * * * root echo 'action=vacation&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue;
#5 5 * * 0 root /sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -augm; /sbin/quotaon -a;
10 0 * * * root echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
20 4 1 * * root echo 'action=reset&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
0 4 * * * root echo 'action=check&value=license' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

I have fixed the problem today by moving all the accounts to another server, reinstalling the server and moving all accounts back to the server. Subdomains and other problems are solved. It wasn't an ideal solution but hey, it works;)

Back