PHP 5.2.15 & 5.3.4 Released!

interfasys

Verified User
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.3.4:

Fixed crash in zip extract method (possible CWE-170).
Paths with NULL in them (foo\0bar.txt) are now considered as invalid (CVE-2006-7243).
Fixed a possible double free in imap extension (Identified by Mateusz Kocielski). (CVE-2010-4150).
Fixed NULL pointer dereference in ZipArchive::getArchiveComment. (CVE-2010-3709).
Fixed possible flaw in open_basedir (CVE-2010-3436).
Fixed MOPS-2010-24, fix string validation. (CVE-2010-2950).
Fixed symbolic resolution support when the target is a DFS share.
Fixed bug #52929 (Segfault in filter_var with FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL with large amount of data) (CVE-2010-3710).
Key Bug Fixes in PHP 5.3.4 include:

Added stat support for zip stream.
Added follow_location (enabled by default) option for the http stream support.
Added a 3rd parameter to get_html_translation_table. It now takes a charset hint, like htmlentities et al.
Implemented FR #52348, added new constant ZEND_MULTIBYTE to detect zend multibyte at runtime.
Multiple improvements to the FPM SAPI.
Over 100 other bug fixes.

---------------
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.2.15:

Fixed extract() to do not overwrite $GLOBALS and $this when using EXTR_OVERWRITE.
Fixed crash in zip extract method (possible CWE-170).
Fixed a possible double free in imap extension.
Fixed possible flaw in open_basedir (CVE-2010-3436).
Fixed NULL pointer dereference in ZipArchive::getArchiveComment. (CVE-2010-3709).
Fixed bug #52929 (Segfault in filter_var with FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL with large amount of data).
Key enhancements in PHP 5.2.15 include:

Fixed bug #47643 (array_diff() takes over 3000 times longer than php 5.2.4).
Fixed bug #44248 (RFC2616 transgression while HTTPS request through proxy with SoapClient object).

http://www.php.net/downloads.php

WARNING: PHP 5.2.15 is broken, you need to patch it with this
http://bugs.php.net/patch-display.p...open_basedir-5.2.15-fix.patch&revision=latest

Hopefully custombuild will include it or a new version of PHP will be released in the coming days.

Last edited:
hello im new to DA, and i have installed one at my server, how do we update it ? i cant change it to 5.4 olny 5.3 or 5.2. do we have to wait here ?

Any sysadmin can easily make the mods to custombuild and compile the new versions right away, unless there is a dependency with patches that haven't been released.

If you don't know what you're doing, it's best to just wait for custombuild to be updated.

Any sysadmin can easily make the mods to custombuild and compile the new versions right away, unless there is a dependency with patches that haven't been released.

If you don't know what you're doing, it's best to just wait for custombuild to be updated.

any links to learn custom build compile ?

I can not update from 5.2.14 to 5.2.15 with error smtng lib*_r.so not found

And after updating to php 5.3.3 Zend doesnt work....
:mad::confused:

any reason to upgrade to 5.3.3 ?

to get working zend with php 5.3.x you can follow this

hi guys,

during the upgrade to version 5.3.4 i found this issue (the upgrade is still going, so it doesn't affect the installation, but just to know if can be a future issue regarding this) :

configure: warning: lemon versions supported for regeneration of libsqlite parsers: 1.0 (found: none).

Anybody knows this?

Back