Multi Server: Unable to open a socket

Remco00

Verified User
I'ver used Multi Server for a few years now without any problem. But now I'm dealing with this error message when I do a Test Connection on both servers:

Unable to connect to 109.237.x.x
Unable to open a socket

I've turned off the firewall, deleted the server ip's, turned Multi Server off and on again and filled in the server ip's again. However the error persists. Does anybody knows the answer how to solve this issue?

Can you connect from one box to another from console?

wget/fetch/telnet/lynx 109.237.x.x to port 2222 ?

Thanks for responding! Yes, I can connect from one server to the other.

Perhaps debug mode will help you.

Run

Code:
service directadmin stop
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin b100

in console.

Run "Test connections" from web-interface and see output in console.

It gives me this:

/CMD_MULTI_SERVER
Post string: port-109.237.*.*=2222&user-109.237.*.*=admin&dns-109.237.*.*=yes&domain_check-109.237.*.*=yes&select0=109.237.*.*&passwd=&test=Test+Connection%28s%29&action=multiple
/CMD_MULTI_SERVER

Still same error on CP:

Error during connection test

Details

109.237.*.* Unable to connect to 109.237.*.*
Unable to open a socket

Hello,

Rather, try the debug mode on the remote box, level b2000, to see if there are any errors that show up upon connection.

Check to see if SSL is enabled on the remote box, and if the correct SSL option is set locally.

Make sure you didn't accidently blacklist yourself.
Check the remote box for this file:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist

Lastly, shut off any firewalls on both boxes (temporarily) just to be sure it's not related. A wget call might bind to one IP, while DA always force-binds to the server IP.

As for the error message:
Unable to connect to 109.237.x.x

I've just compiled a new set of binaries (uploading to pre-release area now, give it about 10 minutes) which will give a better description as to why there is a "connect" error, via strerror(errno) (see "man connect" for connect(2))

Basically, if you want more info on the error "unable to connect to 1.2.3.4", install the new pre-release binaries.

John

Do you have any of the following errors in your directadmin/error.log file?

2010:12:30-18:52:53: Can't connect to ssl!
2010:12:30-18:52:53: -> A failure in the SSL library occurred, usually a protocol error.
2010:12:30-18:52:53: -> error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)

Hmm.. I'm wondering if the ciphers are playing a role:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=957

Try taking out the ciphers (delete the line entirely, and restart DA), or lowering them to allow the other protocols (lower than SSLv3) to connect in. The OS version may play a role if the ssl libraries from the OS are too old for SSLv3 (as compiled into DA anyway)

John

Solved

Problem solved. A few weeks ago both servers changed ip's. The old ip was still active untill some days ago when the open socket error appeared. This had to do with the fact that the ip of the servers did not match the ip in the license file anymore. So beside the fact that DA could not update anymore, also Multi Server stopped working. Thank you all for helping me with this issue. Special thanks to John (DA) for his very fast e-mail replies, even on New Yearsday!

Back