DA for iPhone

I just realised that the app doesn't work if SSL option is enabled in directadmin.conf.

[EDIT]
I got an official reply from the official DA for iphone support site :

We found CA's root certificate of your server(*.*.*.*)is not trusted. And we have a solution to bypass it in our application. we release quickly a update. Please wait 3-5 days to update DA for iPhone version 1.11 (The current version is 1.1).

Hi massive , DA for iPhone V1.11 is available now. The problem is fixed.

I 've just update it and it works properly. Thanks!
Now waiting for server list option ;)

V1.2

We submitted a new version of DA for iphone. In this version, you can store "profiles" on the DA App so you wouldn't need to keep entering different host addresses/usernames/passwords.
Please wait 3-5 days for the new update (v1.2).

directadmin for iPhone V1.2 is available now.

The processes of review in app store is longer than normal.
Final directadmin for iPhone V1.2 is available now. It supports you unlimited servers.

If you want to see an app that has both function and the right price, take a look at the app called conteol panel for cpanel. It both looks good and also has many functions.

Its also priced right as well.

I have yet to see not even one reviw for your product, and my guess would be nobody wants to pay 16 bucks for something with little function.

Im not hating here, just being honest with you, it has potential, but lacking features as well as a price that will sell.

Im not hating here, just being honest with you,

:)
Thank you for your honestness. :):)
If you see DA for iPhone V1.2(available) and 1.3 (which is comming soon) , you could change your idea.

BTW, many users have given many useful feedbacks in our support system after they used DA for iphone.
A review from one of user is here for version 1.11.

I would not waste your time with a bb app, bb is sliding very fast out of the smartphone business.
Haha...yeah, right... They're #1 in the UK, ahead of iOS in the US and won't go anywhere, although I agree, they're sliding down and won't stabilize before next year.

Anyway, an Android version would make a lot of sense right now since it's the #1 OS for smartphones. And since Blackberrys should be able to run Android apps this year, you could kill 2 birds with one stone, although both offer a Java SDK, so it shouldn't be that much work to adapt the UI.

I'm curious, is the data encrypted in the iPhone version? It only takes 6 minutes to unlock an iPhone and have access to all the data, including the adressbook and network passwords.

I don't myself, but I know a bunch of admins who do, from a Linux club to which I belong. Not for DirectAdmin, though.

JEFF

Please update to version 1.3

New update is available now. We added "login as" feature, passcode screen to protect the server list, encryption of all data, minor bug fixed ......

you really think BB is "sliding" out of the smart phone business? thats a laugh and a half... ..

I live about an hour from RIM's head quarters , i have a number of friends who work for / at RIM ... i was there myself for some time. i just find some of the comments about RIM / BB Amusing

With that being said, I rely on my crackberry for many things , SSH / Telnet directly from the bb. Also on the go, tethering my laptop to the BB for net. aswell as my every day normal use.

I can use Opera mini and other browsers to access DA , it is just annoying. Having even a standard JAVA based app (which would work on MOST SMARTPHONES) would probally be a better idea then specifically making it for the OS of the phone...

Now if this isnt possible for whatever reason, Maybe we should work on a Skin specifically for Mobile browsing.. ?

Just my two cents

Chris

Last edited:
you really think BB is "sliding" out of the smart phone business? thats a laugh and a half... ..

I live about an hour from RIM's head quarters , i have a number of friends who work for / at RIM ... i was there myself for some time. i just find some of the comments about RIM / BB Amusing

With that being said, I rely on my crackberry for many things , SSH / Telnet directly from the bb. Also on the go, tethering my laptop to the BB for net. aswell as my every day normal use.

I can use Opera mini and other browsers to access DA , it is just annoying. Having even a standard JAVA based app (which would work on MOST SMARTPHONES) would probally be a better idea then specifically making it for the OS of the phone...

Now if this isnt possible for whatever reason, Maybe we should work on a Skin specifically for Mobile browsing.. ?

Just my two cents

Chris

Look at the numbers yourself... the numbers don't lie.... Find their market share over the last two years and then come back and post it! :)

If you just want the quick number, they have fallen 5% in the last three months along..... keep that trend up and they will be battling with wiindows 7.... lol

Last edited:
Security

Am i the only one wondering where security relies on this app communication with servers ?

I mean : You buy an app to administer your server, but don't even know if :
- SSL is enabled between app and server.
- Login/Password are safely encrypted (the dev says so, but under which encryption, with hashes ?, recoverability ?)
- App communicates with dev.'s website / database (and therefore there could be a centralised database you don't even know)
- Iphone communicates with Apple's Core Database (and everyone knows this happens : see recent localisation problems)

I mean wake UP ! Don't use an app to do what an admin should do through ssh... This is a potential security hole man !

Weird DA allows this to continue working...

Tdldp

When we designed the app, we really thought about security carefully.

DA for iPhone connects DIRECTLY to server by using api.

Whether SSL is enable depend on the server, not the back-end.

Server list is encrypted by AES

There are NOT any centralized database. This can be easy tested and approved by sniffering your network connections

:)

Last edited:
I love it

I use it, love it and thanks for the latest update. Walking through the mall the other day and a client called needing his site restored from a back up. Logged in and restored the site while we talked.
I hope everything goes well for you with the app. I'd hate to see the project die.

Back