DA for iPhone

wedia

Verified User
Directadmin app for iPhone & iPad

Available on the app store

[UPDATE]
Version 1.1 user can switch from admin level to user level without logout / login. We have submited this version to app store.
More detail and screen shot of new version can be found here

Version 1.1 is available on app store now.

Version 1.3 is available now
* The "login-as" feature
* Passcode Lock to protect server list

DA for iPhone is designed to work in DirectAdminl® web control panel. The applications works with the API and can take control of many functions on your server. You have overview of account details and can manage your server using the custom built application.

Start using DA for iPhone within seconds of loading. Also if your in the middle of a task no problem our application supports multitasking you can come back and finish the task.

✔ Support all 3 Access Levels
Support User Level, Reseller Level and Admin Level

✔Security
DA for iPhone connects DIRECTLY to your server.

✔ Domain Setup
Create, manage and delete domains

✔ Statistics
Users can easily get statistics of the account

✔ FTP Management
Users can easily create, manage and delete FTP accounts and set directory permissions for each account

✔ Subdomain Management
Users can easily create, modify and delete subdomains

✔ MySQL Management
Users can easily create, modify, and delete MySQL databases from this menu.

✔ Create / Restore Backup
Using this powerful tool, users can backup and restore only what they want to. For example, account data but not web site files.

✔ Email Accounts
Users can list, create, modify and delete POP/IMAP accounts

✔ Catch-All E-Mail
Users can set and update Catch-All E-Mail

✔ Forwarders
Users can list, create, modify and delete Forwarders

✔ autoresponders
Users can list, create, modify and delete autoresponders

✔ Webmail: Squirrelmail / Roundcube
Access Squirrelmail and Roundcube via the Web within the application

✔ Server Information
Shows memory, swap memory, system up time, Apache status, etc.
✔ Cronjobs
Users can list, create and delete Cronjobs

✔ Site Redirection
Users can list, create and delete Site Redirection

✔ Domain Pointers
Users can list, create and delete Domain Pointers

✔ Add New User
Add new user in reseller account

✔ Add User Package

✔ List users

✔ Manage User Package

✔ Change Password

✔ Administrator Accounts
Administrator account creation, listing, modification, and deletion is done quickly and easily.

✔ Reseller Accounts

✔ Manage Reseller Package

✔ Ip Management
User can add, delete and list ips.

✔ DNS Administration
User can create zone, delete and list dns.

✔ Service Monitor
User can start, stop, restart and reload directadmin, dovecot, exim, httpd mysqld, named, proftpd, sshd service.

✔ Usage Statistics
Complete usage statistics of bandwith, disk space, number of users, number of resellers, number of domains...

Last edited:
Could be useful if:
- there is a (universal) version for the ipad
- there is a option to create a server list with user/pass to choose from, this list is of course password protected

Why?
For example, we have more then 1000 DA servers running (i think we are not the only one) which we have to manage and control.
Our support engineers use ipads when they have to work in weekends.
The iphone is to small to use properly, the ipad is perfect for quick support!
When you have several servers running which you to manage it is impossible to have all passwords with you, therefore it would be great if you could create a list with all login credentials for each server and protect this list with a master password.
As an engineer you have 1 login to access all your servers you which to control!

Maybe this could be integrated into this app.

I, too, would like to see a vesion for the iPad, or even hopefully for the new pad-style computers running Androis OS. If it existed I'd probably go out and buy one.

Not sure though; I really prefer a hardware keyboard.

Jeff

Could be useful if:
- there is a (universal) version for the ipad
- there is a option to create a server list with user/pass to choose from, this list is of course password protected

Why?
For example, we have more then 1000 DA servers running (i think we are not the only one) which we have to manage and control.
Our support engineers use ipads when they have to work in weekends.
The iphone is to small to use properly, the ipad is perfect for quick support!
When you have several servers running which you to manage it is impossible to have all passwords with you, therefore it would be great if you could create a list with all login credentials for each server and protect this list with a master password.
As an engineer you have 1 login to access all your servers you which to control!

Maybe this could be integrated into this app.

B3rt, Jeff:
We even thought nobody would be interested in an iPad application for DA. We will keep working and release a universal version for iPhone and iPad.
We will update DA for iPhone biweekly. Next update (V 1.1)is scheduled for next week.
B3rt, the cool new feature (server list with user/pass) will be added in version 1.2.

If anyone has ideas for a cool new feature, you can post here or go to directadminapp.com.
You can even open a ticket in our support system.

Thanks,
Wedia

I agree... lmao 15 bucks for an app that I can use my ipad for anyway.... not going to happen.

Here is how you need to look at the price, what will everyone buy it at so I can have thousands of purchases... or what would the top 10% buy it at?

You have chosen the top imo as it's clearly not worth 15 bucks when you can use the browser for free.

Anyway, you also need to support the #1 phone and tablet OS... > android. iPhone is nice but my choice and phone at the moment is an android, with that said, my ipad is always by my side as well when I'm away from a pc.

I think $15 is very reasonable, but maybe that's because I've spent years as a programmer analyst and I know how much work is involved in coding, testing and maintaining an application. Generally the amount charged for a program should take into consideration how many sales one would get.

Most apps on the iphone cost a dollar because they're of interest to a large user base. No where in the thread has Wedia told us whether the app would manage more than one server, so we can't presume the price is per server.

One thing I'm looking for is keyboard extensions; there are a lot of special keys we need.

Jeff

I have a nice keyboard that the ipad plugs into and also holds the ipad upright, it works well.

Is not realy Working on my Iphone 4 , and to complicate from admin to the User Menü , login logout...:eek:

Thanks

... to complicate from admin to the User Menü , login logout...:eek:

Thanks

So sorry to hear that.
Next update (V 1.1) is scheduled for next week. This version you can switch from admin level to user level without logout / login.
Version 1.2: we add B3rt’s cool idea (server list with user/pass).

We update DA for iPhone biweekly.
You can write to us([email protected]) or open a ticket for new feature.

Wedia

I agree...
Anyway, you also need to support the #1 phone and tablet OS... > android. iPhone is nice but my choice and phone at the moment is an android, with that said, my ipad is always by my side as well when I'm away from a pc.

Android version is not finished and tested yet. Thank you for your suggestion.

I think $15 is very reasonable, but maybe that's because I've spent years as a programmer analyst and I know how much work is involved in coding, testing and maintaining an application. Generally the amount charged for a program should take into consideration how many sales one would get.

Most apps on the iphone cost a dollar because they're of interest to a large user base. No where in the thread has Wedia told us whether the app would manage more than one server, so we can't presume the price is per server.

One thing I'm looking for is keyboard extensions; there are a lot of special keys we need.

Jeff

Jeff, you are amazing.
Yes, We can use DA for iPhone manage unlimited servers. And absolutely it’s life time license.

Would you mind to partner with us for android os project after we release ipad universal version ?

It would be good if there was a free limited edition for just checking.

The truth is that i didn't wait for this to buy it but it will be good;)

The truth is that i didn't wait for this to buy it but it will be good;)

Thank you massive!

We have submited DA for iPhone (v1.1) to app store. please wait 3 or 5 days to update this new version. Preview can be found here:)

I just realised that the app doesn't work if SSL option is enabled in directadmin.conf.

[EDIT]
I got an official reply from the official DA for iphone support site :

We found CA's root certificate of your server(*.*.*.*)is not trusted. And we have a solution to bypass it in our application. we release quickly a update. Please wait 3-5 days to update DA for iPhone version 1.11 (The current version is 1.1).

Last edited:
Thank you massive!

We have submited DA for iPhone (v1.1) to app store. please wait 3 or 5 days to update this new version. Preview can be found here:)

I just realised that the app doesn't work if SSL option is enabled in directadmin.conf.

Hi,
Another user have already reported the problem.
We found CA's root certificate of some server is not trusted. And we have a solution to make it work in our application. This morning we submitted on app store an update to resolve it. Please wait 3-5 days for the new update (v1.11).

Wedia

Last edited:
Back