PureFTPd

layer0

Verified User
Apologies if this is wrong section - but is anyone here running pureftpd with the new DirectAdmin release in a production environment?

I realize this is a beta but I wonder how well this is working for everyone so far.

i already use pureftp for 3 production server,
i switch from proftpd to pureftpd because latest version proftpd still often causing overload and i don't know why.

pureftpd really working for me and not causing overload again
but the problem, for client with wordpress website, when install plugin/themes/update from wordpress dashboard often fail.

here is i try update wordpress

Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.0.4.zip…
Unpacking the update…
Verifying the unpacked files…
Installing the latest version…
Could not copy file.: /domains/xxxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor.dev.css
Installation Failed

LOG
Jan 21 21:20:10 meni pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] /home/xxxxxx//domains/xxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/upgrade/wordpress-3.tmp/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor-rtl.dev.css downloaded (32 bytes, 1040.25KB/sec)
Jan 21 21:20:10 meni pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] /home/xxxxxx//domains/xxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor-rtl.dev.css uploaded (32 bytes, 428.34KB/sec)
Jan 21 21:20:10 meni pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Can't change directory to /domains/xxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor-rtl.dev.css/: Not a directory
Jan 21 21:20:15 meni pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] /home/xxxxxx//domains/xxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/upgrade/wordpress-3.tmp/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor.css downloaded (821 bytes, 25867.82KB/sec)
Jan 21 21:20:15 meni pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [NOTICE] /home/xxxxxx//domains/xxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor.css uploaded (821 bytes, 8182.03KB/sec)
Jan 21 21:20:15 meni pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Can't change directory to /domains/xxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor.css/: Not a directory

hope can fix soon :)

With ProFTPd it's possible for users with dedicated (assigned) IPs to have an anonymous FTP to their public_ftp dir. Since PureFTPd uses unifed config with user passwords and logins, is it possible to have such anonymous FTP accounts on per user bases?

hi zEitEr's sory bos, but what connection with Anonymous FTP? when updating wordpress i use specific user not anonymous

Anonymous FTP, which I'm talking about, has nothing to deal with your wordpress. Sure. I just want to know, how it works, before switching to PureFTPd.

About your problem, I'm not sure, why do you update it manually? Wordpress can be updated from within admin panel.

Anonymous FTP, which I'm talking about, has nothing to deal with your wordpress. Sure. I just want to know, how it works, before switching to PureFTPd.

About your problem, I'm not sure, why do you update it manually? Wordpress can be updated from within admin panel.

sory bos, Anonymous FTP i don't have experience because i disabled for all user. And for wordpress, i update from wordpress admin panel/dashboard and after switch to pureftpd our client report about this trouble.

As far as I see, this is just notice and information messages, not errors. So what troubles you? Does upload with FTP fail?

While you're installing plugins from wordpress admin panel/dashboard there's nothing should be uploaded with FTP. Thus it's not FTP's issue. It's directory's owner's issue. You might want to use mod_ruid2 or suPHP to bypass with problem (or chmod necessary directories to 777).

Could not copy file.: /domains/xxxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor.dev.css
Installation Failed

yes it's folder permission error, but i already change several time to 777 and recusive but when update wordpress no one succed .

what do you think about thisLog, log when i update wordpress

Jan 21 21:20:15 meni pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Can't change directory to /domains/xxxxxx.net/public_html/wordpress/wp-admin/css/theme-editor.css/: Not a directory

still mod_php and really hard work if change to suphp many client still use register_globals on in their .htaccess

actually i curious about slash after theme-editor.css, when update process try to move/copy file and file is not exists because slash after file

still mod_php and really hard work if change to suphp many client still use register_globals on in their .htaccess

Use mod_ruid2, it's very easy to install.

Sorry, I've never used PureFTPd, and do not know, why it tries to treat file like a directory. Probably it's normal behavior for PureFTPd.

Sorry, I've never used PureFTPd, and do not know, why it tries to treat file like a directory. Probably it's normal behavior for PureFTPd.

thank you bos, i try it :)

just confirm, mod_ruid2 fix my wordpress problem. thanks bos.

Back