AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

That is a very good idea. It solves the issue. Now if we can get someone to write this script :) It could even be implemented in the plugin.

Updated v1.4:

*- "-rotated=[size]" option added to awstats_updateall.pl (See first MAIN post).

Last edited:
Updated v1.5:

*- Fixed BUG with awdomain not being set, so user level pages don't work.
*- Auto detection of SSL on installation of plugin. No need to manualy touch the ssl.use file
*- Fixed some problems with permissions that weren't set correctly.
*- Hopefully the symbolic links now work with the conf files in /etc/awstats for domain.com/awstats instead of using www

Problems :confused: Let me know :p

I'm not having any luck with the plugin. I followed instructions to add plugin to the server and it does do this, But I can not install it on my domain. I get a blank DA page when I try to install it. It hangs for a while and just displays a blank page. Some observations:

1. It does not create a awstats dir or link in /home/user/*html

2. I see nothing in the /etc/awstats folder, just blank

3. The plugin Manager reports it is version 1.3 and 1.5 is available. But I downloaded the lastedt one. When I try to update, it says update successsful but reports the same version, 1.3

4. I access DA through https

5. I have php safe mode turned off for the domain I am trying to install this on,

6. The domain I am trying to install this on is the primary reseller domain on my system.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? I see others had the same thing happen to them, but they never posted what they did to resolve the problems.

I access DA through https

If you're using DA through SSL, SSL should be compiled with PHP

So I presume you don't have SSL compiled in PHP. (This is not done standardly in DA)

The plugin Manager reports it is version 1.3 and 1.5 is available. But I downloaded the lastedt one. When I try to update, it says update successsful but reports the same version, 1.3

Fixed, forgotten to increase the version no. in the plugin itself ;) shouldn't make any difference.

Last edited:
Ok I enabled ssl and the plugin installs. However, everytime I try to update my stats I get the following error:

Error: An AWStats update process seems to be already running for this config file. Try later. If this is not true, remove manually lock file '/tmp/awstats.www.rocksolidnet.com.lock'.

I have removed this lock several times, but I still get the error. Maybe I am missing something.

Check the main config /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin

and there should be some file named: awstats.none.conf

Edit this, and look for a row that says:

EnableLockForUpdate=1

Set this to Zero.

remove all .conf files in the /etc/awstats dir and reinstall on all domains.

Good Luck

no luck. stats did not update, but I didn't get any errors either.

It just says Never updated (See 'Build/Update' on awstats_setup.html page) Update now

and shows zeros for everything.

10 minutes later, the stats are mysteriously there. Perhaps I do not understand how they run.

On a different not what do most of you have AllowFullYearView set to?

Seems wrong that a client can not have a yearly view of their stats. But if it will kill server load what can you do.

I tryed to install that upgrade.. i've already a lot of domain.. when i install its all ok.. but if i go on my domains and activate this upgrade doesent work... and if i login like a user i dont find anything to install awstats to user account.. help.. and sorry for my english :p

problem with plugin

Ok.. I am tired.. it's late.. and I have been stuggling to figure out what is going on for the last 3 hours..

I have the plugin installed.
Figured out that the default skin doesn't display plugins.
installed it on 1 domain, which appeared to be ok.

try to check the stats and here is the error that shows up in the domain error log..
[Sun Oct 10 00:28:06 2004] [error] [client 65.69.126.252] script not found or unable to stat: /usr/local/awstats

say what???? please help.. I am afraid that my brain just can't take it anymore..

Hourly Cron Job

I need some help please, I an going mad trying to work out how to update all my AWSTATS hourly via a cron job. I have never worked with cron job before. I have tried creating a file called awstats.sh in the cron.hourly folder and in that file I put the same command I use to manualy update all domains. However nothing happens.

Any really easy 123 step guides would be very helpful.

Thanks

You should put the cron in the /etc/crontab file.

Something like:

* */1 * * * your_commands

10 minutes later, the stats are mysteriously there. Perhaps I do not understand how they run.

On a different not what do most of you have AllowFullYearView set to?

Seems wrong that a client can not have a yearly view of their stats. But if it will kill server load what can you do.

If you enable full year view, the a client can view the whole year statistics, so this will give some extra load. Not sure how much, because the .txt (history) aren't that big.

I tryed to install that upgrade.. i've already a lot of domain.. when i install its all ok.. but if i go on my domains and activate this upgrade doesent work... and if i login like a user i dont find anything to install awstats to user account.. help.. and sorry for my english :p

This could be an issue with SSL. :s You could check if the ssl.use exists in the /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks dir.

At install/upgrade time of your plugin it checks the /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf, to see if the SSL=0 or 1. But if there's an extra whitespace behind it. It will give a false result and disable's SSL in the plugin.

Ok.. I am tired.. it's late.. and I have been stuggling to figure out what is going on for the last 3 hours..

I have the plugin installed.
Figured out that the default skin doesn't display plugins.
installed it on 1 domain, which appeared to be ok.

try to check the stats and here is the error that shows up in the domain error log..
[Sun Oct 10 00:28:06 2004] [error] [client 65.69.126.252] script not found or unable to stat: /usr/local/awstats

say what???? please help.. I am afraid that my brain just can't take it anymore..

This error shouldn't be displaying /usr/local/awstats. What this could be is that it isn't finding it's lib files in the users public_html/awstats

The directory should have the following files:

awstats.pl (awstats script), lang (symlink), lib (symlink), plugins (symlink), and .htaccess (enabling CGI and awstats as index file).

If any of these "symlinks" are missing it could be that the script will check the default dirs like /usr/local/awstats.

Try reinstalling the plugin on the domain (user-level with enhanced skin) or use "/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/alldomains.php" to install it on all domains.

And offcourse check if you're using SSL that there IS a file in the hooks dir ssl.use! (Not needed for alldomains.php script)

Please let me know if it works and how you changed it, so I can implement some extra checks/steps etc. in the plugin

it runs OK from the command line.. all of the appropriate symlinks are in place. Other thoughts? still no go from the browser..

Check the rights on the DIR and the other files in the public_html/awstats. For example check the apache error log and the suexec log in the /var/log/httpd/domains/

If it runs OK from commandline it should work OK from the browser as CGI.

You could check the contents of the .htaccess file in the dir.

suexec

ok..

1. I can't find the suexec logs
2. what permissions am I looking for? I can su to apache (after chaning the shell) and run it

Back