AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

This way some httpd setting have to be changed and I don't know if there is already one :s Otherwise DA would probaly change the setting every time.

But I will look in to it today ;) and hopefully this could be done the way you say ;) It will indeed cost less overhead ;)

let me say, I'm very greatful for your work! AWStats is something I like, but DA was missing... I haven't had a chance to give it a try yet, but glad to see it's going good.

Has there been any major problems yet?

Linh

Not really at the moment, tomorrow GMT+1 (Netherlands) I will try to release the next version, wich will use the server wide CGI, if it works ;) Have to test to see if DA doesn't delete the parameters I'm adding to the httpd conf.

I'm working on it and it looks like it should be up and running tomorrow ;)

Ok I've found the first problem I ran into, when using a GLOBAL awstats cgi. SuExec doesn't allow this, because the owner of the file must be of the owner of the domain :s So I will have to take a look if it's possible to do it another way, otherwise I will have the script copy the files needed to the user dirs.

is there a CgiDir variable or something like that in the perl file that will allow you to define the root cgi directory as CMD_PLUGINS/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/ or maybe you could somehow force a base url tag in the header section. I guess that would be really difficult since DA serves up the footer and the header for all pages.

Well I'm now looking at generating static pages, but still there are some difficulties for it. I could make a workaround, but this will change a lot of thing within DA and could cause problems on other Distro's, so I'm not doing that. I want to keep the plugin as limited as possible in changing the server preferences.

Updated v0.7:

A lot of things are added and fixed!!

The users can access AwStats by going to the AwStats link in the CP, this will automaticaly if they have 1 domain, install AwStats in their public HTML folder /awstats . There are some other things that will be setup, but you can see this at the user page.

If they have multiple domains they will have the option to select the domain to activate awstats for ;)

Please try it and let me know it there are any BUGS in it. It works fine on my server, so let me know if it works on yours ;)

Works GREAT on individual sites, but I'm running into errors on reseller accts, or accts with multiple domains.

I'll get a list together and post here later.

will not run

Hello,
I installed this plugin just fine (v0.7).

When I login with a user account and click the AWstats link in the control panel it seems to set everything up ok. Next, I click on the link provided ( http://www.protollix.com/awstats/)

Notice the 403 error.

Any idea *why* this would be occuring. I just rebuilt Apache with the DA script to ensure I didn't miss anything. There are addhandler lines in httpd.conf to add .pl to cgi-script.

Permissions *look* right. Ideas?

Found the issue with the reseller... custom 404's were messing it up, nothing to do with the scripting.

So far, 100% fine for our test, gonna deploy on a couple more servers and make it "known"... will let you know.

Password Protecting directory awstats

I like to keep my directory password protected to keep snoopers out

However, be warned if you password protect it through the control panel it will overwrite the .hatccess redirect file that the installation makes and cause you to get forbidden errors

I removed the password protection but it didnt remove the .htaccess file .. manually removed the .htaccess file and of course still got forbidden errors

tried to manually put the redirect back in
long story short .. i ended up having to just go through the installation again for it to work properly

Thanks,
HostPC Staff

Problem FIXED!

I fixed the problem:

in the generated .htaccess problem the following line is present:

Options ExecCGI

However, it should be (at least for my installation):
Options +ExecCGI

(it needs the "+")

So I edited the .htaccess and it works fine. It's just that I have to do this for each domain that awstats is on now =|

I'll add the +ExecCGI on it ;) Furthermore, in the options I'm building the password security, this can be done directly in the awstats configuration. Thx for your efforts ;)

Updated v0.8:

*- HTTPS bug fixed (again :s)
*- (+) added to ExecCGI ;)
*- Section splitted (Install Awstats on Domain, Tune Awstats)
*- Password protection available under Tune AwStats

Let me know how it goes and if you know any features to add (if it's needed) ;)

Last edited:
the password thingy didn't password protect it.

Here is the content of the .htaccess file after running the password protect thingy.

Options +ExecCGI
DirectoryIndex awstats.pl

Make sure you don't use/click "Install AwStats on this domain*" after setting up the password protection, otherwise it will be resetted ;)

How about a link below "Tune Awstats" and "Install AwStats" that says "View AwStats", just in case we forget the url and don't want to click the Install link and loose the current password stuff.

fusionictnl said:
Make sure you don't use/click "Install AwStats on this domain*" after setting up the password protection, otherwise it will be resetted ;)

I'm going in and entering a username and password, and the .htaccess timestamp never even changes, so I deleted the file and added a password again and no new file was written.

Does the script give any errors when protecting awstats?

What's the full path of the awstats plugin on your machine ? (normaly /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks /user /...)

Did you first Delete the Old plugin version and then installed the new one ?

Where is the awstats for the virtual host located ? (normale /home/[username]/domains/[domainname]/public_html/awstats)

Thx

Back